Best steam rooms and saunas in NYC

CJinNYC
This topic is 1552 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Things happen in ANY steamroom, it's just that now it only can really happen at off-times rather than peak, because it's no longer true that 90% of the guys in a steamroom at any given time are looking to play, it's more like 25-50%, which means the more people there, the more likely there is someone who will complain or react poorly.

Things happen in ANY steamroom, it's just that now it only can really happen at off-times rather than peak, because it's no longer true that 90% of the guys in a steamroom at any given time are looking to play, it's more like 25-50%, which means the more people there, the more likely there is someone who will complain or react poorly.

Agreed. Several years ago, I was in between jobs and had a ton of free time to check out the scene at Equinox. I found that 1. Things always happened at Columbus Circle all throughout the day but slows down during rush hour. 2. Nothing really happens during rush hour at most of the gyms because of what sniper mentioned. Even if 80% of the guys are ready to go, it only takes 1 or 2 people not interested to mess things up.

Just go to the Russian & Turkish Bath House on Sunday mornings during the men only hours for guaranteed fun.

Everything I have been there, there has been fun going on. Yeah there is someone walking up and down the halls, but I mean I don't think they really do anything. Based on my experiences there, it seems like what it would be like to be in a sauna and steam room at a gym, but in this particular case, I think most people there are for fun and the people who aren't there for fun just ignore it or go to a different room.

I didn't get a massage. I don't find the therapists attractive and they are always trying to offer you one, so they come off as pushy.

• 2 weeks later...
I’ve found a good amount of morning and evening action at 63rd/Lex, Soho, Printing House.

Totally agree. There's always something happening at Equinox 63/Lex right after 9AM when most people are already at work (then you get those with passes from nearby hotels) and after 3PM when most workers who leave work early get to play in the steam room. EQX Soho and EQX Printing House are filled with actor/models so there's always eye candy!

Another place is EQX Broadway/50th where you get the broadway actors. Played with a well known broadway actor (R.E.) in the steam room there when he was headlining a show. A few years back, that's where I also got to see Mario Lopez several times in all of his naked glory when he was in A Chorus Line. That was such a treat since he LOVED being ogled! I didn't need to rewatch and replay his segment in Nip/Tuck ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Black walls and floor, easy on your eyes, comfortable, U shaped bench, need not climb, good steam, nice attendance....

Thanks for this! Makes sense, considering it’s the old DB. Any advice on best day and time?

• 1 month later...
Merritt Athletic Club in downtown Baltimore where only a few weeks ago I turned the corner to head to the showers and ran into a four man fucking orgy, right out in the open! INSANE. Terp

p.s. Don't get too excited. Merritt is "Ugly-Troll-Central."

I’m headed to Baltimore to do dinner with a friend next weekend. I will definitely be working out at Merritt and hittting the sauna/steam...

At my current gym chain in DC, I stopped going in their saunas and steamrooms, after realizing that I’M THE TROLL... ????????????

Edited by Monarchy79

• 2 months later...