Best steam rooms and saunas in NYC

CJinNYC
This topic is 1552 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

And for this I'm happy that Europe still has an active gay-only bathhouse culture, although they have been (sadly) declining in many cities.

The best ones are full service spa's with the added benefit of free lube, condoms, dark rooms and cruising is encouraged everywhere, especially in the steam room!

I understand that it's fun to have sex in such a setting (I love the bathhouses here in Europe!) but I also understand why the spa owners would crack down on that, given that they probably want it to be a regular spa experience and they don't want to get a reputation to put off new customers.

Maybe a gay bathhouse in NYC might be an idea? Or is that not possible because of regulations? I do find it odd that there don't seem to be any when in Brussels alone we have five! And two in another, smaller city and Germany has a lot of offerings, even in smaller cities.

There are two bathhouses in NYC: The Westside Club and the Eastside Club. They operate under a grandfathered license and can never close because if they do they cannot reopen. They are private "clubs" and you must "join" upon entering. I haven't been to the Westside Club in probably over 10 years and it was not a well maintained facility back then; however, it serves its purpose.

There are two bathhouses in NYC: The Westside Club and the Eastside Club. They operate under a grandfathered license and can never close because if they do they cannot reopen. They are private "clubs" and you must "join" upon entering. I haven't been to the Westside Club in probably over 10 years and it was not a well maintained facility back then; however, it serves its purpose.

The Eastside Club is not much better.

The Sheraton Towers on 7th avenue in midtown has a full gym with a locker room and showers. Years ago they had a steam room with a (now I had never seen this) a shower head, in the steam room. You could just stand up and stand underneath the shower while in the steam room to cool of and in my case to show off the goods. It was so cool. But its gone now. Those were the days.

Thanks for the reminder. This used to be my go-to hotel when visiting NYC. It was and is well-located for going north-south or east-west in Manhattan. Always full of tourists. The rooms were tiny and dated. Service at the front desk was lackadaisical at best. But it had a nice gym, with access included in the room cost. If there was >1 guy in the sauna, it felt like cruising time. I think there was a sense of urgency because most guys were hotel guests, escaping to the gym and sauna to squeeze in some play before their business meetings or to get away from spouses or parents. I had couple of hot hook ups thanks to that place, sometimes moving upstairs to a convenient hotel room.

Actually tried both a month ago. Had more fun at Eastside on a super busy Friday evening. Westside was cool but staff there are most restrictive as to where you can play.

Which gyms/hotels/spas have the best steam room and saunas in NYC?

Like someone said previously, sadly a bunch have shut down at popular gyms due to sexual activity. Definitely check out the local listings on squirt.org where guys usually give updates on certain gyms (mainly NYSC locations).

• 2 months later...
Anyone been to Premiere 57 lately? They're hosting a GoNaked event this coming week. Don't know if they've gotten lax about the men's area

That sounds fun. Although, don’t hear good things about Premiere 57. It’s smaller and expensive.

But could give a chss as nice to Gonaked.

Anyone been to Premiere 57 lately? They're hosting a GoNaked event this coming week. Don't know if they've gotten lax about the men's area

That sounds fun. Although, don’t hear good things about Premiere 57. It’s smaller and expensive.

But could give a chss as nice to Gonaked.