LAX recommendations

buttnovice
This topic is 1842 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

the LAX area just isn't the epicenter for this

Correct, the LAX area consists mostly of buildings that are connected to airplanes and cargo. There are some residential areas to the north (Westchester) and south (El Segundo) but these are mostly middle-class, family neighborhoods. To the East is Century Blvd. which is mostly hotels. Your best bet might be Grindr or, better yet, prearranging someone from online to meet you there (the epicenter for gay adventure is West Hollywood which is about a 30 minute ride, depending on traffic and whether one knows how to avoid the Freeways). Or, you could use the old Larry Craig method (Wide Stance) in the airport restrooms and pray that you don't have the same fate as Larry.

the LAX area just isn't the epicenter for this

Correct, the LAX area consists mostly of buildings that are connected to airplanes and cargo. There are some residential areas to the north (Westchester) and south (El Segundo) but these are mostly middle-class, family neighborhoods. To the East is Century Blvd. which is mostly hotels. Your best bet might be Grindr or, better yet, prearranging someone from online to meet you there (the epicenter for gay adventure is West Hollywood which is about a 30 minute ride, depending on traffic and whether one knows how to avoid the Freeways). Or, you could use the old Larry Craig method (Wide Stance) in the airport restrooms and pray that you don't have the same fate as Larry.

Another option....there’s an app I use called Hotels by Day...app specializes in short term hotel check ins/outs....like 6 hours. Download the app, book, and schedule a friend to meet you.

There are always 3-4 LAX hotels available on the app, and I think most have free shuttles to/from the terminals.

Hotels by day

Another option....there’s an app I use called Hotels by Day...app specializes in short term hotel check ins/outs....like 6 hours. Download the app, book, and schedule a friend to meet you.

There are always 3-4 LAX hotels available on the app, and I think most have free shuttles to/from the terminals.

Hotels by day

I am open to a reasonable uber ride. . . WeHo is kind fo far

I used to live within a few blocks of LAX and would travel to WeHo practically every night - took about 30 mins on the back streets - Sepulveda to La Tijera to La Cienega to Fairfax to Santa Monica Blvd. Of course, if you're not used to the roads, it would take a lot longer. I bet a Uber driver could get you there pronto. If you've got 6-8 hrs holdover time I think you'd be fine. After all, O.J.'s driver (Allen Parks) said he made it from Brentwood to LAX in 26 mins.