SF Spas?

Edwin
This topic is 1106 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There's a thread for Spas in NYC, but did not see one for San Francisco. I'm a recent transplant here. Where are the gay massage places here? I did a search for "men's spa" on Google Maps, and it did not give me anything conclusive.

• 3 weeks later...
People think of SF as a big city, but with 850K people, it's a fraction of the population of NYC, Chicago, and LA. That said, the spa scene is limited to certain days of the month. Banya has a men's night on the third Tuesday of the month. It's good naked fun!

Interesting! I learn something new every day.

Is there any particular reason why it's the 3rd Tuesday? What's the clientele like? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Cruisy spa area (steam, sauna etc). Never had a massage there, but have spoken to people who have.. in all cases, they were paired with a female therapist. I get the distinct impression it's a strictly therapeutic establishment.

• 6 months later...
People think of SF as a big city, but with 850K people, it's a fraction of the population of NYC, Chicago, and LA. That said, the spa scene is limited to certain days of the month. Banya has a men's night on the third Tuesday of the month. It's good naked fun!

I really enjoy the Banya. It has a men's night one night per month, and a women's night one night per month. Otherwise it's co-ed. There is a rooftop deck with spectacular views where you can sunbathe naked, and they also have yoga classes on the roof. But it's not a sexual place, even on the single-sex nights, and I'm told staff frown on people if they cross the line. But certainly it can be cruisy, and it is sociable and fun. People will often come together in groups as a social event.

I also really like the Immersion Spa in Palo Alto. It's a nice Korean spa with separate men's and women's areas. It can be very cruisy, and then some. The massages are quite good, and can be combined with a body scrub. My favorite is to book a combined 30-minute scrub and 30-minute massage (for a full hour), and that includes admission to the facility for as long as you want to stay. The massage is fully above-board; with the scrub it will make you feel like a million bucks.

Another option is to book a massage at one of the Equinox facilities. You do not need to be a member to book a spa appointment, and booking will allow you access to the full facility (including steam and sauna). Being gyms in SF, the steam and saunas can be pretty cruisy. The massages are always good quality, and I've never had a bad one.

Edited by nate_sf

Kabuki is actually quite nice on men's nights. Not overtly sexual (although I've seen fleeting sexual encounters there), but cruisy enough and often very attractive men. Even with no sex, you will leave refreshed. Best at this time of year with cold and rain...

• 8 months later...

This post made me miss my time at Equinox on Market St in the Four Seasons. It was 99% guaranteed cruising, especially in the mornings before work. Met so many guys in the steam room, dry sauna, and back shower (for wheelchairs) with the curtain vs. glass shower door—it’s a bit dizzying how much action goes on there. Anyone else experience that kind of action?

This post made me miss my time at Equinox on Market St in the Four Seasons. It was 99% guaranteed cruising, especially in the mornings before work. Met so many guys in the steam room, dry sauna, and back shower (for wheelchairs) with the curtain vs. glass shower door—it’s a bit dizzying how much action goes on there. Anyone else experience that kind of action?

Yes, that was my experience too. Fun times!

• 8 months later...

Steam rooms will be allowed to open starting tomorrow. Time will tell what it’s like. So far the Market Street location has been very quiet, operating way below capacity, but that‘s probably because so many of the offices downtown are still closed. I haven’t been back to the Pine Street location yet.

Steam rooms will be allowed to open starting tomorrow. Time will tell what it’s like. So far the Market Street location has been very quiet, operating way below capacity, but that‘s probably because so many of the offices downtown are still closed. I haven’t been back to the Pine Street location yet.

I spoke to the manager today, steam room opens tomorrow. Max 2 people at a time, with masks on! Why bother