KEYBOARD/MOUSE DISCONNECT

sf westcoaster
This topic is 1864 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

You need to buy an entirely new system.

PC, monitor, keyboard, mouse, Wi-fi, router.....

That solution always works for me......much to my beloved IT guy’s chagrin.

“Jesus Christ, dude did you even TRY just turning it on and off first?”

Twenty years later.....he’s finally learned to not even bother asking.

How does your keyboard and mouse connect? Bluetooth?

You need to search for "How to reset the System Manager and how to reset the NVIDIA on your particular Mac. There are different key combinations you can try.

I don't experience problems frequently but when I do, I can usually find a solution via searching for the problem on the web.

Most recently, my 2016 MacBook Pro was giving me a black screen upon waking up from sleep. I knew it was trying to wake up because the keyboard lights and the Apple logo on the back of the screen were lit and the screen wasn't dead, just black. I reset the System Manager and voila problem solved.

I had this problem with my Mac's bluetooth-connected trackpad. I had to connect the trackpad via USB. When I went into System Preferences it showed two trackpads. I deleted them both and rebooted.
Obviously you have the newer trackpad that charges via USB Lightning Cable. Older Apple Trackpads don't have a port to connect them to their Macs, just Bluetooth.