taking bold steps when heart is broken

Smurof
This topic is 1934 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Relationships end for people all the time for a variety of reasons. The worst break-ups are when no reason is given.

It hurts badly to remember all the good times from the past, only to realize they were one-sided only to me for way too long.

The roller coaster of emotions are perhaps best compared to those who suddenly lose loved ones to senseless violence. At first you're very upset, but then you get very angry, followed by being upset again. You analyze and pick apart every possible circumstance as to why you're not together anymore.

Did he EVER initiate contact first? No. Did he REALLY "lose" my e-mail (unchanged since I've known him)? No. Will I be better off finding someone else? Hopefully.

Thankfully, time heals all wounds.

Just remember that each failed relationship is a practice round for the “right” one.

Live, learn, and don’t repeat the same mistakes next time.

All that crap....plus slashing all 4 tires on his car.....usually gets me through......grin

Edited by nycman

I always do best when out of relationships but am always in them. I like it because I don't have to search.

But when one does crash (or seem to) I go on a diet, a house renovation, take a vacation, etc and even work out some times. (New clothes also help and black hides fat faster than diet and work outs).

The principle is the best revenge is leading an outstanding life yourself.

In practice ex's often return and if you're even more outstanding than before you have a better shot. So if you're trying to help a return or just be better for yourself, improving your life always helps. It's about you.

Thankfully, time heals all wounds.

Just remember that each failed relationship is a practice round for the “right” one.

Live, learn, and don’t repeat the same mistakes next time.

All that crap....plus slashing all 4 tires on his car.....usually gets me through......grin

You forgot breaking into his car and smearing raw chicken under the seats.

Time heals wounds and I don’t think I’m in pain anymore but learning to trust again is another story. My last relationship was a painful one. We’ve been together for a while then all of a sudden he just disappeared. I couldn’t reach him by email or by phone. Heck, I even tried handwritten letters. Alas, no response. I was ghosted is the term they use for that. We loved each other or so I thought, for my part at least. After a month, he just showed up at my doorstep again. He didn’t offer any explanation but just wanted to pick up where we left off as if nothing happened. After dealing with the emotional roller coaster and I made a decision to let him go. I loved him but I can’t keep the kind of relationship that has a hole in it. Maybe at some point he thought he found someone better but didn’t work out. Who knows? I’ve healed since, yes, and have dated from time to time, or hired LOL. But learning to trust is a bit harder than the healing part I think. Will I get there? Time will tell, or so they say.