Heartbreak, Falling for Straight Friend

E.T.Bass
This topic is 1953 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This video below, Only Always You, is short film, but I'll post it here in The Lounge instead of under Movies.

It reminds me of when I was young and closeted how I had close friends that were drawn to me and were affectionate.

One in particular was a boy I knew in Georgia, a sweet, blond kid, Billy. His Georgia accent melted me. When he announced his engagement, I remember how it felt. I was shattered. That wasn't the only time I fell into such heartbreak over a friend!

I don't judge myself or anyone else for those situations. I don't dwell on those days but the video conjured up some memories.

I know some brave souls on this forum didn't let fear get in the way of connecting sexually with friends, shipmates, etc. when they were young. I'm only realizing lately how common that scenario was for a lot of young guys. I expect a lot of these straight guys already had sexual experience with guys before I did, me a full blown, gold star queer! I guess that is not a shocker.

I have a one time close friend who married young and they havr two great children. I was in the Army, and remember him sending me a strange letter focused on was I shacked up with someone.

When his wife died of cancer young, all of his subsequent sexual partners were men. Recently he told me how much sex he had with men in high school

I am not going to ask him about his marriage under any circumstances. But it must be bothering me to mention it here/

Added later*

All these years later, it is more about his lack of honesty.

Edited by WilliamM

I can so relate to this and agree the heartbreak is real and lasts a long time. I’m now trying to resolve a straight crush on a guy I work with. I tend to develop friendships that I want to be more and just leave me frustrated. It’s a pattern that’s repeated several times over many years and still trying to figure out why.

Edited by Colby G