Cartoon and Comics Characters

Damascene
This topic is 6359 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While at my parent's last weekend, I looked through my father's collection of Lil' Abner cartoon books. As I looked through, I thought damn Abner is hot. I thought also of my teenage crush on Aquaman (there is still something about blond men and dark eyebrows) and Hawkman (one of the few comic characters that had chest hair).

So what cartoon/comics character turned you on?

Reggie and Moose of the Archie Comics. Always thought there was a whole drama going on with the secondary characters there. Thought perhaps Moose and Reggie might have gotten together if not for the ministrations of that little bitch Midge.

Let's face it, for me any superhero with a tight fitting uniform and

a mask pretty much does it for me.

Oh by the way, for hidden homoeroticism and gay subtext check out the movie of Lil Abner. It is found that the Kikipoo Joy Juice that Abner was raised on gives a man a great physique but no interest in women? Could there be a lot of soy in Kikipoo Joy?

I remember how us boys used to run to the front porch and grab the Sunday paper. We’d hurry upstairs to Uncle Bruce’s room and beg him to read us the funnies. He’d pretend to be asleep, but we’d pull off his covers, sit on the side of his bed, and laugh and giggle while he read to us, first pretending to be Dagwood, and then pretending to be Blondie.

He’d always end up by bringing out his special Tom of Finland comics, and telling us the story about how all the women had been sent to rehab, and all the men lived together in a magical place called The Castro. He said they didn’t have to talk, because everyone already knew what everyone else was thinking. We didn’t always know what Tom’s guys were thinking, or why they liked to wrestle standing up, but Uncle Bruce promised us that one day we’d understand.

If we had been very good, Uncle Bruce would tell us to put bananas down our underpants, and then he’d let us dress up in his leather pants and jackets. He told us it would be best if we didn’t go downstairs and perform for the rest of the family, at least not until he moved away to San Francisco. But he took lots of pictures, which he kept in a lockbox in his dresser. He used to take it with him every Friday night when he went to visit the shut-ins. He usually lost all the pictures, and we’d have to start all over again on Sunday morning.

What fun we had! You can’t buy memories like those. :)

Archived