Reading only new posts in a thread

Charlie
This topic is 1949 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I seem to recall at the bottom of ever page there being a "go to first unread" or something like that. It wasn't the list of all posts, but I agree that for a while there was a different button on each listing (and it would be as if you had clicked on the posting itself, at least for me, providing there was something new; otherwise it would take you to the beginning).

In the old form, there was something I could click on in a thread I had already read that would take me directly to the first post in the thread that I had not read. I don't see anything like that now. Am I missing it?

Charlie -- if you log in each time you come here, you can click on "New posts" (at the top of the page), which will give you a list of all the posts you haven't read -- not sorted by forum however. Just before you log out, be sure to click on "Mark forums read" (also at the top of the page) and confirm. That will mark everything as read, so the next time you come back, you won't find among the new posts things you hadn't read because you weren't interested.

Charlie -- if you log in each time you come here, you can click on "New posts" (at the top of the page), which will give you a list of all the posts you haven't read -- not sorted by forum however. Just before you log out, be sure to click on "Mark forums read" (also at the top of the page) and confirm. That will mark everything as read, so the next time you come back, you won't find among the new posts things you hadn't read because you weren't interested.

I almost never log out, unless I am going to be away from the site for a long vacation, so this old trick wouldn't have done what I wanted, but thanks for the reminder.