The Time Change

Gar1eth
This topic is 2029 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

but what about the children??!!

parents will no doubt bitch and moan about the poor children standing at the bus stop in the dark.......

One way or the other they're screwed. Either they'll get killed going to school in the morning when its dark or coming home in the afternoon when its dark. Implementing DST doesn't change the number of hours of daylight, just moves them around.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I have many clocks that are not connected to any internet link that would make sure they automatically changed. I guess it is for the looks of the clocks. At any rate, I have to go from room to room and manually change them (sometimes with a ladder). It takes like 15 mins.

My new car has two clocks within a few inches of each other. One is digital in the infotainment screen, and the other is an analog clock. Thought it was one of those stupid designed by committee things that didn't make sense. Why put two clocks practically next to each other. Took a road trip in the summer, and when traveling into the next state in another time zone, the digital clock automatically changed. I now appreciate the digital clock is time where I'm at, and analog is time at home.

One way or the other they're screwed. Either they'll get killed going to school in the morning when its dark or coming home in the afternoon when its dark. Implementing DST doesn't change the number of hours of daylight, just moves them around.

Yeah, there's an old native American saying:

Only a white man could think that cutting an inch off the bottom of a blanket and sewing it onto the top would make the blanket longer.

I am voting against the proposition on the ballot in CA to allow the state to go on permanent DST. I am a morning person, and I hate getting up in the dark during the last weeks of DST; that would last for months if we were on DST all year long.

I voted for it.

Because I want to see vapid fools get hysterical. Ill bet activist groups and hashtags proliferate - for and against.

And it'll make jobs for analysts and advisors to study the effects. Political consultants to try to shephard the CA win through the necessary national approval.... because CA approval alone means nothing. Its a revenue-generator for the bumper-sticker industry.

I've always been a "night person," but I don't think that also makes me a "darkness person" per se. meaning that I really hate the darkness in the late afternoon this time of year. I much prefer the later sunsets we get in the summer. The earlier darkness this time of year, combined with the colder weather, just feels a bit gloomier to me.

The upshot of that, I suppose, is that once we start getting into spring and DST, it does feel like a nice awakening. ;)