2018 World Series

Avalon
This topic is 2050 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am actually a St. Louis Cardinal fan since the 1964 World Series.

I lived in Detroit as a kid when the Tigers beat the Cardinals in the 1968 World Series. Can't believe, after 50 years, I can still remember how everyone in our neighborhood, and the city, reacted and enjoyed the victory.

Moved back to Detroit in the 80's and Tigers won over the Padres in 1984. Wonder if they could win again if I moved back?

I remember when the World Series was played during the daytime. When I was in high school they put a tv set in the gym and during P.E. instead of doing some activity we could watch the game.

During the '68 World Series, Detroit Public Schools put TVs in the classrooms so we could watch it. Until you said this, I had forgotten all about that.

Yes. The Dodgers and Red Sox have been around forever, but have not met in a World Series since Babe Ruth played for the Red Sox.

I am actually a St. Louis Cardinal fan since the 1964 World Series.

My maternal grandfather was a huge baseball fan, and also loved the Cardinals. He was a pharmacist at Thrifty drugs and would schedule part of his vacation around the World Series every October!

My maternal grandfather was a huge baseball fan, and also loved the Cardinals. He was a pharmacist at Thrifty drugs and would schedule part of his vacation around the World Series every October!

I was in Vietnam for the 1968 World Series (Detroit over St. Louis). In basic training for the 1967 World Series (St.Louis over Boston). But, I realized it was fine if I miss games.

I'll watch but only because baseball players are hot af.

Good point. Even better are soccer players. Problem with football players you can't actually see them; they can only be identified by name and number on the jerseys. Basketball players move too fast.