No (or late) response to inquiry

Mplsgymguy
This topic is 2044 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Was recently visiting the Phoenix, AZ, area, and had hoped to have a massage while I was there. I review ads carefully to determine what sort of contact the cmt prefers, if they mention it at all. I introduced myself, wrote that I was visiting, and let them know what I was looking for.

I got no response from the first guy I texted. The next day I re-texted to see if he’d seen my initial text. Decided to phone but got a message that the number was not working (or something like that; it was unclear).

The second guy I tried to contact likewise did not reply. Neither did the third or fourth. I know they may be busy with appointments, etc., so I gave each of them 24 hours. Finally, I phoned a guy who didn’t live in AZ but was visiting from Palm Springs. The massage was OK; however, the masseur was very warm and welcoming, was much better looking than in his ad, and the massage segued into what I believe on here are called “extras.” ;-)

A couple days later I received texts from two of the earlier options, that they’d been out of town. Shouldn’t they put that in their ad? And I finally heard from the first guy - more than a week after my initial text to him - that he’d also been out of town. No explanation for the odd message with his phone number.

Sorry about the length of this post, but this experience kind of baffled me.

In my experience, the best masseurs also have good business sense. They know the value of missed opportunities if they don’t keep up with requests. So, if someone doesn’t text me back, then I move on. Usually, good masseurs (and not just someone looking for a quick buck, both figuratively and literally) will text back even if they are out of town. My really good go-to guys always tell me if they are not available and post the same on their site.

I was just in DC visiting, emailed one guy who gets rave reviews. In his RM ad he put that he was visiting DC for a few days. I emailed him and could see he read the email, but then simply didn't bother replying. So I emailed again basically writing "I'm assuming it's a no since you didn't reply". He responded to that email saying that he visits California (where I'm from) and we could meet there, but no answer about meeting in DC while we were both there. It was so odd. I'll never ask him again.

I was just in DC visiting, emailed one guy who gets rave reviews. In his RM ad he put that he was visiting DC for a few days. I emailed him and could see he read the email, but then simply didn't bother replying. So I emailed again basically writing "I'm assuming it's a no since you didn't reply". He responded to that email saying that he visits California (where I'm from) and we could meet there, but no answer about meeting in DC while we were both there. It was so odd. I'll never ask him again.

Who knows what he is thinking. If he wasn’t drunk when he wrote that he should have been.

Although I agree it is WAY unprofessional to ignore a text or phone call from a prospective client, this can all be summed up with the following re: masseurs who do not respond : "The masseur is booked and busy and does not care about your text or phone call. " Hence, you will get no response. If I get no response after a few hours, I move on. They lost my business, and I will GLADLY give it to the deserving masseur who responds. They will get rewarded for their professionalism with my business and $$$

Edited by Dmitri

My masseur uses a scheduling software so if you're booking online you can see immediately what openings are available. For same day or special requests he responds to texts between clients so I'm never left hanging. But as was said, not all guys are organized or business oriented.