If your ring finger is longer, you're more likely to be gay, study says

Avalon
This topic is 2057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There used to be a show called "Love American Style". It was PG. I remember one segment a woman heard that you could tell the size of a man's penis by looking at his toes. She tried without success to get him barefoot. Ultimately she realized one could tell by looking at his fingers.

This is not a new observation. Several years ago some studies established that 65% to 70% of self-identified gay males had index fingers the same length as their ring fingers (as do straight women). Most straight men have shorter index fingers (as do most lesbians).

If I recall the articles correctly, the structural differences between male and female brains appear in the fetal brain are around weeks 10-12 which, by amazing coincidence, is also the time at which the relative finger length is set.

At that time there were a number of guesses as to what might account for all this but not much in the way of clear evidence.

ps My index finger is of the long variety too.