New York - 1/11 to 15/11

mike carey
This topic is 2002 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Ok, so the thread title is deliberately written that way. I have to stop and do a mental readjustment every time I see a date here.

Anyway, after a year when events have conspired to prevent me from travelling, I've bitten the bullet and I'm jumping on QF11 on 1 Nov for a couple of weeks in the north east. I'm really looking forward to seeing the sights and meeting people there. I probably won't stay the whole time in NYC but I haven't planned what other places I might visit.

Ok, so the thread title is deliberately written that way. I have to stop and do a mental readjustment every time I see a date here.

Anyway, after a year when events have conspired to prevent me from travelling, I've bitten the bullet and I'm jumping on QF11 on 1 Nov for a couple of weeks in the north east. I'm really looking forward to seeing the sights and meeting people there. I probably won't stay the whole time in NYC but I haven't planned what other places I might visit.

Hey Mike, if you have some time to kill, perhaps we can get dinner or drinks or something. Have fun in the big city.

• 1 month later...

Big thanks to those who reached out to me before and during my trip to the US. I had a great time (not much hiring but that was never my main objective) and saw temperatures in NYC drop from 20 degrees to snow over two weeks. I regret not being able to meet everyone who contacted me (and perhaps regret not reaching out to some who didn't, but that's a separate issue). I'm looking forward to being in NYC again, probably in January.

Big thanks to those who reached out to me before and during my trip to the US. I had a great time (not much hiring but that was never my main objective) and saw temperatures in NYC drop from 20 degrees to snow over two weeks. I regret not being able to meet everyone who contacted me (and perhaps regret not reaching out to some who didn't, but that's a separate issue). I'm looking forward to being in NYC again, probably in January.

Mike, you are an inspiration when it comes to being a helpful, generous, and kind forum member. If I am near NYC during your visit, I would love to share a meal with you...! :)