Are You Disappointed When You Find Out That Someone Is Straight?

Avalon
This topic is 2069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The brief description of the play is very different from what you wrote above.
I beg to disagree: I think @Avalon got it right. Here is the description in the Variety article:

“The bizarre second act centers on Josh’s accusation that Bob is sexually attracted to him. Josh taunts Bob; Bob admits his incestuous attraction; Josh offers himself to Bob, who rejects the HIV-negative Josh. Josh immediately has sex with an HIV-positive homeless person in order that Bob won’t have to worry about contaminating the now-infected Josh.”

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to disagree: I think @Avalon got it right. Here is the description in the Variety article:

“The bizarre second act centers on Josh’s accusation that Bob is sexually attracted to him. Josh taunts Bob; Bob admits his incestuous attraction; Josh offers himself to Bob, who rejects the HIV-negative Josh. Josh immediately has sex with an HIV-positive homeless person in order that Bob won’t have to worry about contaminating the now-infected Josh.”

I saw the play with the same cast. I sent a PM to Avalon last night explaining why I disagree with the review.

Edited by WilliamM

Why should it matter that someone states that they gravitate toward one end a sexual orientation continuum? Just because a guy is predominantly attracted to woman, it doesn't necessarily mean that he can't occasionally enjoy sexual encounters with men. Why not focus on those occasions instead of bemoaning that fact that he has stated a "preference" for women?