Will this stop manspreading?

bigjoey
This topic is 1758 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 2 weeks later...
Yahoo News A woman has embarked on an anti-manspreading campaign by splashing a mix of water and bleach onto offenders' crotches. Accusing men of “gender aggression”, 20-year-old Anna Dovgalyuk claims her native Russia is slow to counter the problem.

As a liberal I think we should pick our fights and this one is just plain stupid...

As a liberal I think we should pick our fights and this one is just plain stupid...

It's a stupid response, but fighting manspreading is more equitable than bitching about the amount of space fat people take up on public transportation. Moreover men think they're entitled to that space, which they're not.

Yahoo News A woman has embarked on an anti-manspreading campaign by splashing a mix of water and bleach onto offenders' crotches. Accusing men of “gender aggression”, 20-year-old Anna Dovgalyuk claims her native Russia is slow to counter the problem.

And is she an equal opportunity pyscho === Does she bleach every woman showing to much boobage in pubic?

It's a stupid response, but fighting manspreading is more equitable than bitching about the amount of space fat people take up on public transportation. Moreover men think they're entitled to that space, which they're not.

Good point!

Let's do both tings, but I wouldn't compare seating on the subway/metro for 15/20 mins to seating on a plane for 2 or 3 hours with Bubba invading our space on the side and another seat in front of our knees.

I don't manspread if there's someone seated next to me but if the next seat is empty sometimes I do it.

Some folks even put their bag on the seat next to them, I'm sure if the train is getting full they remove it.

2BF4304900000578-3221777-image-m-40_1441322683676.jpgimg_0315.jpg

Throwing bleach at someone else is not a proper way to behave. I would have a strong guy seat next to them and show them how it feels.

I would think liquid nitrogen would do the trick.

• 9 months later...
The term "manspreading" sounds like being able to do the splits as well as Marco Blaze used to.

Every man to which she does that should sue her for assault.

Can we at least nudge and elbow the men who take up more than their fair share of room?

‘Manspreading’ chair wins award for forcing dudes’ legs together

Take a pew, sitting down just got woke! A British student has snagged a nifty design award for creating an anti-manspreading chair.

Fed up with men who luxuriate in their seating, University of Brighton student Laila Laurel, 23, fashioned a pair of his and hers chairs that challenge the way men and women “command space.”

“I was also hugely inspired by Laura Bates’ Everyday Sexism Project, where I read about the struggles and frustrations of women around the world pertaining to men infringing on their space,” Laurel tells Metro.

Reminiscent of medieval torture devices translated through mid-century style, the sycamore and cherry wood chairs encourage women to spread eagle, while forcing men to knock their knees together.

“In order to achieve gender equality it is imperative to consider many different aspects of sexism,” says Laurel, “and so that is why I thought it would be interesting to try to explore political gendered issues around seating.”

For her manhood-crushing efforts, Laurel was awarded the Belmond Award at New Designs in London.

“I think encouraging women to consider the way in which they move through the world, or the space they take up in relation to men, is powerful because it is such an intrinsic and huge issue, and yet one that perhaps is not always considered,” she womansplains.

Naturally, her thought-provoking furniture has attracted online haters. But Laurel says they have nothing to fear.

“I have received a lot of explicit messages — nearly entirely from men — who seem to be under the impression I am trying to castrate them and that I hate all men — which couldn’t be further from the truth,” Laurel says.

So breathe easy New Yorkers, the MTA isn’t implementing anti-manspreading devices on the subway — yet.

manspreading_chair.jpg

man4-1.jpg