Would You Ride In A Vehicle Without Doors?

Avalon
This topic is 2059 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Tommy is correct, removing the doors increases the experience 1000%, whether that is on or off the road. There really isn't anything like it. I am going to purchase a new Rubicon in a couple of months and I am ordering it without power windows, so that I can remove the doors. If my last one was any indication, the doors will rarely; if ever be on. Also, most Jeeps come with full roll cages if desired. I can't live my life worrying about a "what if" accident. My neighbor just bought a new Caddy. He got "T" boned the other day. The side airbags and side airbag curtains worked brilliantly, and he walked away without so much as a bruise, but given the choice, I'd rather be in the Jeep any day of the week. :)

(BTW...Tommy's kinda cute):p

I ride motorcycles and I enjoy the open air and the feeling of increased control vs. driving a car. A few months ago I took a ride in my friend's Jeep with the doors off and I was surprised at how uncomfortable I was. In spite of being firmly seated in a modern bucket seat with seat-belt and shoulder belt I couldn't shake the anxiety of feeling like I was going to fall out. I was panicky through the whole ride on a minor highway and suburban streets, and I could not wait for the trip to be finished.

I saw that last night on the premiere of the "Magnum P.I." reboot and it looked scary!

It's not at all. And sometimes you have no choice. But, I have both avoided danger and embraced it.

Always playing it safe doesn't lead to much growth as a person. I am not talking about helicopters, because I enjoyed enjoyed the experiences.

Edited by WilliamM

Tommy is correct......(BTW...Tommy's kinda cute):p

Just for clarification, the boy’s name is Mark E. Miller...and the car’s name is “Tommy”.

And to answer the question....I go doorless almost daily in the summer.

It’s heaven...and if it gets me to heaven sooner....I’m ok with that. Just know that I died happy.

It’s heaven...and if it gets me to heaven sooner....I’m ok with that. Just know that I died happy.

Well, wear your seatbelt. You may welcome death and dying happy, but alas, disability as an intermediary step may not be nearly as fun