What Did You Eat Today?

Avalon
This topic is 2073 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Everything I ate today was cold.

This morning I had some beef meatballs and jalapeno cheese

Later I had a snack of jalapeno cheese and cherry tomatoes.

And for dinner a can of soup - Campbell's Homestyle - Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla

I had two diet Pepsis and a bottle of tap water flavored with sugar-free Hawaiian Punch

Edited by Avalon

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had enough steak caballo for two people. Served with beans, rice and plantains. I would have invited you over if I had known you needed a hot meal

I like hot food (but not hot drinks). I do microwave sometimes because it has a timer. I'm afraid to cook on the stove in case I fall and won't be able to turn it off.

oatmeal and half an orange for breakfast, Mimi's meatloaf for lunch, and leftover broccoli beef and rice with a glass of milk for dinner. Can't Avalon have oatmeal for breakfast?

I can't have oatmeal now because of my diabetes.

When I was a boy I often had oatmeal with butter not sugar. I wasn't a diabetic then but my mother was and she carefully watched my diet. And if I ate something she disapproved of ... .

Guest europeanman

bf. 3 scrambled eggs mixed with smoked salmon. 1/2 grapefruit

lunch. greek yogurt with blueberries and a kiwi fruit

dinner. raw almonds with S.Pellegrino water. fillet with arugula salad. brie cheese.

3-4 large glass bottles of mineral still water.

No sugar, almost no carbs. adequate protein. full fat.

Not sure which one of you has the best food intake to be a good bottom tomorrow

Any suggestions?

I’m having problems cleaning up these days. A few minutes after the “water” goes clear, it gets murky again.

Sorry to hijack this thread about food with this. :p

Breakfast: Two small patty sausages, one scrambled eggs, and black coffee

Lunch: Half of a tuna sandwich, a dill pickle, and water.

Dinner: Two small grilled lamb chops, a small roasted red potato, a small salad, and water.

I cook even for just myself. I can't remember the last time I did take-out and I don't use canned foods or soups.

I can't have oatmeal now because of my diabetes.

Oh but you can have oatmeal for breakfast! I am a diabetic and I eat lower carb oatmeal.

Better Oats brand made by Post Cereals has 100 calories, 18 carbs per serving and 1g sugar. (available in stores, like Target, and amazon.com )

Proti Diet has 90 calories, 6 carbs per serving, and 0 sugar. (Available online at https://protifoods.com or amazon.com)

Also, when making oatmeal you should add protein to your mix, so when making instant oatmeal, add 1/4 cup of egg beaters or egg whites to the mix, and 2-3 tablespoons of natural, unprocessed peanut butter (go to Whole Foods and grind your own peanut butter!) to your mix.

Your eating habits are atrocious for a diabetic. You need the services of a registered diabetes nutritionist who will help you meal plan. Stop ordering Burger King and for God's sake, stop drinking diet soda, or adding "sugar-free" mixes to your water! The labels on these products are misleading and the chemicals used to make them, along with the artificial sweeteners will cause your blood sugars to spike. Start counting carbs, calories and add more fresh vegetables to your diet.

Guest europeanman
Everything I ate today was cold.

This morning I had some beef meatballs and jalapeno cheese

Later I had a snack of jalapeno cheese and cherry tomatoes.

And for dinner a can of soup - Campbell's Homestyle - Mexican Style Chicken Tortilla

I had two diet Pepsis and a bottle of tap water flavored with sugar-free Hawaiian Punch

I hope you know that this is shit. I had to google jalapeno cheese. It seems like a processed cheese, ie no real cheese, with sugars and chemistry. Same for your canned soup dinner and I guess your breakfast meatballs came from a can too, so more sugar and chemistry. Do yourself a favour and stop eating things that come from cans ... Have you tried eggs for breakfast and a steak with a salad for dinner? You say you are diabetic, so go for zero carbs. I am not diabetic but have beent doing very low carb for ever. The food is delicious. Fresh salads, meats, fish, and delicious full fat French cheeses.

hmm....is that what it sounds like??!!....or not?

I've mentioned before that my airline captain Dad flew horse meat cargo to France from the US back in the 50s and 60s

No it's a Columbia dish. Not horse meat. Just cook a steak and put eggs over easy over the steak. Not sure why they call it Caballo