We have officially entered HELL!

SAdler
This topic is 6497 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno if I'll even be able to type them, because the board interprets them as HTML delimiters. Maybe if I put them backwards:

] and its counterpart.

Yup. It gets weird so I can only show one of 'em. Them's the ones. They're under the curly braces on the keyboard.

I feel the same way, actually. But I have an aversion to air travel that pre-dates 9/11 and all the changes it brought about and all this latest folly.

I traveled almost full-time for the better part of 10 years as part of my job. I'm sorta enjoying being home for a change. You know you've been traveling too much when you grumble that room service won't answer and then realize you're at home. ;-)

Personally, I think we should do away with all the restrictions and inspections of belongings. Issue everyone a hospital gown and paper slippers at the airport, show them to a changing room, and have all their stuff (ALL OF IT!) shoved into one of those oversized ziplock bags which is then nose-checked on the plane.

Nobody takes ANYTHING on board.

It would end smuggled "disallowed substances" and shoe bombers, but the airlines would have to bring back services rather than tossing peanuts underhand.

I think the most insane and ridiculous thing is that in some cases, they are giving out the confiscated UNOPENED (= untested) items to the homeless and/or reselling them on ebay. If they can give the Chanel perfume and Crest toothpaste away or resell it, then why the heck was it taken away to begin with? Here's where I read about it, and it links to the full story on CNN: http://americablog.blogspot.com/2006/08/how-can-they-give-confiscated-airport.html

Guest zipperzone

>>think I've already nixed all travel plans for 7/9 next year

>>just to be safe. ;)

>

>I think I'll stick to driving. ;-) Although, truth be to tell,

>you probably take your life in your hands more every time you

>get on the 405 than on ANY flight. ;-)

True - but at least if you're driving you have some degree of control over your demise and perhaps a chance to avoid it if you're alert enough. In a plane you're like a rat in a trap.

Guest zipperzone

>I think the most insane and ridiculous thing is that in some

>cases, they are giving out the confiscated UNOPENED (=

>untested) items to the homeless and/or reselling them on ebay.

On the bright side however - think how much more pleasant our streets and gutters will smell with the homeless drifting by in a halo of Channel # 5, or JOY.

>On the bright side however - think how much more pleasant our

>streets and gutters will smell with the homeless drifting by

>in a halo of Channel # 5, or JOY.

Or...the streets will stink from the stench of blown-up homeless. Remember, this stuff has still not been tested! :o

Thanks Deej. I knew I wasn't nuts, I just had no idea this website required "[" and "]" instead of "<" and ">" .. it's funny. Someone showing examples of code with < yet their examples worked so they had to be using [ might have been doing it on purpose. I don't imagine ANYONE would be THAT rude or bored do you?

Airports may 'grind to a halt'

Press Association

Saturday August 12, 2006 9:58 PM

Budget airline Ryanair has called for urgent Government action to reduce the passenger backlog at London's airports or risk them grinding to a halt.

The airline's chief executive Michael O'Leary said Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted could not cope with the new security measures which require all passengers to undergo a body search.

He called on the Government to provide extra staff to deal with the chaos caused by the bomb plot security alert.

Mr O'Leary said: "Ryanair and other major UK airlines cannot keep cancelling flights and disrupting the travel plans of tens of thousands of British passengers and visitors solely because the BAA cannot cope with the new body search requirements.

"If the British Government is serious about defeating terrorism and/or not allowing the terrorists to disrupt normal everyday British life, then it must provide the additional security staffing, either police or army reserve personnel, immediately to prevent London's main airports from grinding to a halt over the coming days."

>Thanks Deej. I knew I wasn't nuts, I just had no idea this

>website required "[" and "]" instead of "<" and ">" .. it's

>funny. Someone showing examples of code with < yet their

>examples worked so they had to be using might have been

>doing it on purpose.

Sweetie, I suggest you look around for HTML basics, before posting ANYTHING further. Your over & over & over & over self-promotion and attention-seeking is getting to be a real turn-off. One might think you're running for some "office" or "award".

Archived