$100000 for your dog

purplekow
This topic is 2076 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

There's a story, no idea if it's true, and nobody knows who really said it first (if ever). One variant below with Groucho Marx...

GROUCHO (to woman seated next to him at an elegant dinner party): Would you sleep with me for ten million dollars?

WOMAN (giggles and responds): Oh, Groucho, of course I would.

GROUCHO; How about doing it for fifteen dollars?

WOMAN (indignant): Why, what do you think I am?

GROUCHO: That’s already been established. Now we’re just haggling about the price.

My preferred/favorite version:

“Churchill: "Madam, would you sleep with me for five million pounds?" Socialite: "My goodness, Mr. Churchill... Well, I suppose... we would have to discuss terms, of course... "

Churchill: "Would you sleep with me for five pounds?"

Socialite: "Mr. Churchill, what kind of woman do you think I am?!" Churchill: "Madam, we've already established that. Now we are haggling about the price”

Winston S. Churchill

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think when I originally read it, it was Churchill. Google brought up Groucho. :) And I think I heard a version where he asked the Queen of England if she'd sleep with a <insert foreign dignitary here> to save her country, then asked if she would for 10 pounds.

Either Churchill or Groucho could have pulled it off :D