What's the scene at Swinging Richards these days?

bluedawg
This topic is 1901 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested, too.....will be in Atlanta in late October and would like to visit SR again before it's finally gentrified ;):rolleyes:

I'm interested as well. Whilst my last two visits to SR's were a bust, I was going to give them one last chance. However, then the rules changed and things seemed to get worse at SRs (based on reports on here) I don't plan on returning until I have seen a few reports on recent visits indicating things were on the upswing.

I visited SR twice during mid August. There were fewer women than in past visits. I just tipped from the main stage and did not visit the VIP Lounge. There was plenty of eye candy and several friendly dancers, but none of the dancers interested me enough to take to the backroom or ask back to my hotel room.

Most of the reviews I have read are not good. Apprently it has turned into a money pit

So Richards still has some talent. Though not like they had 5 years ago. The problem is the club is run like shit. The worst started back in May I think. They lost a lawsuit with several former dancers over wages. According to the court, Richards should pay dancers minimum wage. So, now they are paying minimum wage. Keep in mind many of these guys made $50k-$100k or more per year...working 3 nights per week from 10pm-2:30am. Even more, dancers who once had to tip the house, the DJ, the doorman, no longer have to.

So in order to make up money the club has raised the cover charge. $20 after 10pm. Entry into the VIP lounge is still $10. But they have more than doubled the house fees for VIP rooms. 15 min went from $40 to $100. Same thing applies for the 30 min and 1 hour charges. That isn’t counting the dancer. They expect $100 for every 15 min. Needless to say the number of VIP rooms being sold has dropped dramatically. But they still have some regular big spenders.... some of which will probably stop coming when they go bankrupt.

But Wait, there is more. Now, in order to get a dance you are supposed to buy dick dollars. I think you can buy 1 dick dollar for $24. That gets you one dance in the VIP lounge. And wait, there is still more..... you have to buy your dick dollars from the vip door guy. He is quite possibly the most incompetent fucker I have ever seen. Sometimes you have to stand in line for 15 min to buy dick dollars. Same thing for a VIP room. I’m not kidding. He really is that slow

And just when you think it can’t get any worse..... you buy a drink. Now, their cocktails are strong. But what was a $9 drink is now $11.25. I kid you not.

Now there are some hot guys their most nights.... just be prepared to feel like your wallet was raped.

• 1 month later...

Made a quick visit last night (a Wednesday), arriving at 9:15 after ditching a travel friend who wouldn't be interested.

Only about five customers at that hour and no dancers yet. Had a $12.50 vodka tonic (wasn't strong) and sat down with my phone until things picked up. Dancers and the DJ started about 10 or so. Singles at first, then three at a time by 11. Decent mix of dancers with most leaning "straight" or close.

As mentioned above, the "Dick's Dollars" thing continues. All the changes were ostensibly because of a suit over employee classification and related tax withholding. The VIP Lounge gatekeeper told me that ALL dances (table dances in the main room included) must be bought using a Dick's Dollar card. $24 per song/dance with the card (s) going to the dancer who is reimbursed by the house. Again, it's an effort by the house to show transparency regarding employee tax matters. Once I got used to it, the new system seemed no more expensive, but the extra "step" is cumbersome. Straight cash dealing with the dancer is certainly easier. The gatekeeper can explain it to you.

I'm not naming names, but a couple dancers with whom I had privates did not ask me for a Dick's Dollar card and I dealt with them directly as before the new system was enacted. In fact, at first, I'd forgotten the new system existed despite having read the previous posts here in this thread.

A couple dancers offered me ways to avoid the "paperwork" hassle and I appreciated them for that.

I left about 12 when the place was getting a bit livlier, including a table of shrieking women celebrating something. As at my previous visit, a dancer was hired by a party in the main room to grind aggressively on a female in the group, with both getting hot and bothered. Zowee!!!

Overall, the operation seemed smooth and friendly with no complaints, though old-timers will need to adapt to the new system.

Thanks also to azdr for his review. We need these reports since the SR changes were instated so we can see how things are there now. I don't like the Dick Dollars concept but I'm happy at least some dancers are willing to bypass that privately. az...how were the guys from a physical attractiveness standpoint? My two visits earlier this year were a bust with no real studs in attendance. Plenty of dancers.....but very average in the looks department. Wat was your take on the quality of the dancers on your recent visit?

Thanks also to azdr for his review. We need these reports since the SR changes were instated so we can see how things are there now. I don't like the Dick Dollars concept but I'm happy at least some dancers are willing to bypass that privately. az...how were the guys from a physical attractiveness standpoint? My two visits earlier this year were a bust with no real studs in attendance. Plenty of dancers.....but very average in the looks department. Wat was your take on the quality of the dancers on your recent visit?

admittedly, I was only there on a Wednesday night from the wicked hours of 9:15 to midnight, so I probably didn't see everybody who performs there these days :rolleyes:

I much prefer very masculine, in-shape (not freaky roidy) guys with not too much hair and most of the guys I did see were decent for my purposes.....a couple guys were a bit lean and average or so....one or two with a lumberjack-like look.....some friendly, in-shape Cubans.....wide variety, but no utterly perfect 6-2 tall/perfect skin/hung and cut "physique models", though some of the Cubans were very close

I asked if Poseidon/Collin still worked there and a manager said yes, but he didn't know his schedule....said he came in a few times a week.....I remember him as being nearly perfect during a visit a couple years ago

Edited by azdr0710

• 2 weeks later...
admittedly, I was only there on a Wednesday night from the wicked hours of 9:15 to midnight, so I probably didn't see everybody who performs there these days :rolleyes:

I much prefer very masculine, in-shape (not freaky roidy) guys with not too much hair and most of the guys I did see were decent for my purposes.....a couple guys were a bit lean and average or so....one or two with a lumberjack-like look.....some friendly, in-shape Cubans.....wide variety, but no utterly perfect 6-2 tall/perfect skin/hung and cut "physique models", though some of the Cubans were very close

I asked if Poseidon/Collin still worked there and a manager said yes, but he didn't know his schedule....said he came in a few times a week.....I remember him as being nearly perfect during a visit a couple years ago

Thanks azdr for the additional info. Sounds interesting. I'll have to consider a trip to ATL.

I was there this summer for my first time. It was mid week, the club was slow. I got there around 11. The dick dollars thing was confusing, and the guy didnt explain it well. Finally a very hot guy came on who gave me a lot of attention and invited me to join him in the VIP room. He indicated to me that if I did I would leave happy. I was surprised by the 100 fee, and they weren't clear how long that would get me. I paid it, we went back, and he spent a little while trying to talk me into buying a bottle of Champaign for the two of us. When I said no, he told me that my 15 minutes were up, and i had to pay another 100. I hadn't even gotten a dance. He promised if i did, i would get off, so i did. He then told me that we only had 15 minutes, but if i slipped the VIP guy a 200 tip, he wouldn't interrupt us again being that it was a slow night. This guy was really hot and i wanted what he lead me to believe would be as much time as i wanted. He told me to give him the cash, and he would negotiate the booth. He came back a minute later, and told me now that we had time, let's chat for a minute. He did dance as we chatted but he didn't touch me and told me I wasn't allowed to touch him yet. In another 15 minutes, the VIP lounge guy told us time was up. The dancer told me to give him a minute to sort it out, and came back saying things had picked up and we couldn't keep the booth past what was allowed. At this time I felt I had been scammed, I was out 400, and basically watched the guy dance for 15 minutes. I went to leave, and the dancer told me that I still owed him. I asked what the 400 was for, and he told me that all went to the tip and the house. I told him I had to buy more dick dollars, and he told me that those dont apply to private dances, private dances are cash. I was really frustrated at this point, and then he told me that I owed him 400. I about freaked out. I mentioned that he should have said something before we headed back, and that for that money I should have gotten what was promised. He called for a bouncer, and I gave him 200 so I could leave without any problems. So what amounted to a 15 minute dance i could have watched on the stage, and 15 minutes of telling him I didn't want a drink, cost me 600. I went to my hotel room, found a guy available on rentmen, and had a great time with him for half the price.

Basically, if you do go, make sure you know how it works or you will get heavily taken advantage of.

What a ripoff, FilmGeek! If only there were an agency ala the Better Business Bureau that could help you!

I was going to suggest that you visit the Swinging Richards site & glance through the listing of current dancers found there so as to i.d. that particular dancer by name if were still working there. But, sadly, their site is less friendly to getting such info than it once was & the lineup page is no longer a part of their online offering.

On a happier note, I'm glad to learn that you had a more satisfactory experience later via the rentmen Atlanta offerings of that night. Care to share who it was?

Yeah, I ended up going with Kai and Billy together. I exaggerated when I said half the price, but still, the two of them together were cheaper and more time than what I got at swinging Richard's.

I dont remember the dancers name at swinging Richard's. He was blond, mid 20's, well built but not over the top, and had good moves and a killer smile on the stage. Too bad he was such a rip off and I was such a sucker. And I'm not new to clubs either. I've spent a good deal 9f time at the corner pocket in New Orleans, and a lot of time at Adonis in NYC, I was excited to add swinging Richard's to my list.

Edited by FilmGeek

I think I know you who are referring to. Do you think it's OK to give his name? I was there a while back, and this one guy who fits your description was all over me, telling me what wonderful things he wanted to do with me if I'd have a VIP dance with him. When I turned him down, he got rather angry and stormed off.

I was there this summer for my first time. It was mid week, the club was slow. I got there around 11. The dick dollars thing was confusing, and the guy didnt explain it well. Finally a very hot guy came on who gave me a lot of attention and invited me to join him in the VIP room. He indicated to me that if I did I would leave happy. I was surprised by the 100 fee, and they weren't clear how long that would get me. I paid it, we went back, and he spent a little while trying to talk me into buying a bottle of Champaign for the two of us. When I said no, he told me that my 15 minutes were up, and i had to pay another 100. I hadn't even gotten a dance. He promised if i did, i would get off, so i did. He then told me that we only had 15 minutes, but if i slipped the VIP guy a 200 tip, he wouldn't interrupt us again being that it was a slow night. This guy was really hot and i wanted what he lead me to believe would be as much time as i wanted. He told me to give him the cash, and he would negotiate the booth. He came back a minute later, and told me now that we had time, let's chat for a minute. He did dance as we chatted but he didn't touch me and told me I wasn't allowed to touch him yet. In another 15 minutes, the VIP lounge guy told us time was up. The dancer told me to give him a minute to sort it out, and came back saying things had picked up and we couldn't keep the booth past what was allowed. At this time I felt I had been scammed, I was out 400, and basically watched the guy dance for 15 minutes. I went to leave, and the dancer told me that I still owed him. I asked what the 400 was for, and he told me that all went to the tip and the house. I told him I had to buy more dick dollars, and he told me that those dont apply to private dances, private dances are cash. I was really frustrated at this point, and then he told me that I owed him 400. I about freaked out. I mentioned that he should have said something before we headed back, and that for that money I should have gotten what was promised. He called for a bouncer, and I gave him 200 so I could leave without any problems. So what amounted to a 15 minute dance i could have watched on the stage, and 15 minutes of telling him I didn't want a drink, cost me 600. I went to my hotel room, found a guy available on rentmen, and had a great time with him for half the price.

Basically, if you do go, make sure you know how it works or you will get heavily taken advantage of.

So sorry that happened to you, but so grateful that you posted your trip report. It sounds like SR has changed, a lot, and much for the worse. I have a cousin in Atlanta that I visited a couple of times even though "visiting my cousin" was really just an excuse to go to SR. My cousin is a perfectly nice guy, but we're not really that close. Looks like it might be a while before I visit him again.

That’s a total scam. You should have complained to management and refused to pay the additional money. He took complete advantage of you

Sorry to hear shit like this.

• 2 months later...

Any updates on Swinging Richards? How’s the place doing?

The new pricing structure for VIP was noticeably less consumer-friendly at my last visit 3 months ago.

I’m hoping they will come to their senses and return to the old pricing structure for VIPs :(

• 1 month later...