Do you buy clothes online or in person?

FreshFluff
This topic is 2120 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, sizes are too inconsistent between brands to shop online. At a store I can find pants that I might like and then take a 32x32, 32x30, 31x32 and 31x30 into the dressing room to see which one fits best. It's crazy, but a 31 waist in some brands are actually larger that a 32 in another brand!

You’re correct. In most brands I wear a 32, but often I need a 31. With all the cycling and lifting I do, my legs and quads are a bit larger than normal so I only occasionally find skinny jeans that fit; usually I need slim fit.

I've bought clothes on line exactly once, and that was underwear from an Australian company (no, not that one). I don't reject using on-line in order to protect local businesses if it is the bricks and mortar presence of a big company, they can look after themselves. I have no desire to use the likes of Amazon, but I'd be happy to use smaller on-line retailers. My first on-line purchase even vaguely related to this thread was for sheets. I was in Iraq and totally unhappy with the crappy linen that the US contractor was providing so ordered some linen from LL Bean. 10 years later I'm still receiving emails from them almost daily. I need some new trousers and I'll probably order from them. (They price in AUD now and offer free shipping over a certain purchase amount.)

I've bought clothes on line from THAT one. :)

They supported the Australian company performing Holding the Man at a theater in LA so I decided to support them. Nice, comfortable T shirts and sweatpants, and good quality.

I used to buy clothes at Bloomingdales. They had nice men's clothes. But the one near me closed.

We have a Costco that offers a selection of men's clothes. Now and then I see something I like. Their jeans are OK.

I have some J Peterman clothes, on line, mostly for fun, like the Irish pub shirt I had to have after reading James O'Neill's At Swim, Two Boys. Also one of their Gatsby shirts. The prices are pretty steep, so try for their sales.

Lands End has really comfy men's underwear. I like their jeans. Most of my shirts for work are Lands End. I wait for sales with them.

They supported the Australian company performing Holding the Man at a theater in LA so I decided to support them.

I was not aware that Tim Conigrave's sad story had made it to the stage abroad. That support would be reason enough for me to support the company. It's especially poignant that 'holding the man' is a penalisable offence in Australian rules football.

I was not aware that Tim Conigrave's sad story had made it to the stage abroad. That support would be reason enough for me to support the company. It's especially poignant that 'holding the man' is a penalisable offence in Australian rules football.

The company members were so nice, and very cute! I still have the program which explains the phrase Holding the Man in very poignant terms. Was certainly a sad play, but a good one. The program ad for AussieBum was nicely done. :cool: Perhaps I'll see what they currently offer online.

4153_IS_designer_tee_superior_1527481560.jpg

Unfortunately, I've started calling the local clothes stores the "Outhouse". They are always out of my size. My inseam is 38" and my long sleeve shirts sizes are never in stock. I also need the Tall shirts for the additional length.

About a year ago I started shopping on-line and have no problems finding my size. There was once when I tried an "off brand" and the size was smaller than other brands. But when I use brands I've purchased before I have no problems.

No.

I tell my sister what color sweatpants I want for Xmas. Have literally over 100 t-shirts, plus all the shorts, underwear, & socks I need.

What else is there?

I must have over 100 t-shirts, too, at least half bought at woot.com, or more specifically shirt.woot.com. Some are fun, like the tin man with a red x where his heart ought to be, or colonel mustard with the wrench in the library attacking professor plum. I like to amuse the staff at my nine week every day radiation therapy by wearing a different t-shirt every day. Tomorrow is my last day!