Is this a red flag?

Wolfer
This topic is 2104 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I contact a guy and he says:

"We can be a good match, I guess. Nothing wrong with what you want."

(I asked for vanilla sex with kissing)

Then he completely misunderstands me (his first language is French) when I ask "I can come to you?" (As in, do you host). He thinks I'm asking for bareback (me cumming in him). So I say that he misunderstood and switch to French to ask him if we could have the date at his place.

To which he only answers: "I don't do penetration without condom". As if he hadn't read my replies at all...

I already feel like I'm pulling teeth here... Ugh.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I was able to sort it out... After typing it in French again. But his way of communicating does not excite me... :/

What does PAS mean?

It's an emphasis on the negative. I don't know what "bareback" is in French, but if you said "je ne [bareback] pas" he'd understand that it's something you emphatically never do.

yeah, "ne... pas" is "not". "ne" is the generic negative modifier, which sometimes gets dropped in casual speech or texting, "pas" is "not".

if you want emphasis, you could try "guère" (ne guere) though that could be harder out of context

"jamais" (ne jamais, never) should be easy, that has a pretty clear meaning in any context

Always remember too that in most countries it is "active" or "passive" . "Top or "bottom" means nothing.

Most European guys I know state in their ad "No Bareback!!" sometimes followed by "Don't Ask !". They're scared of Americans especially disease-wise.

Google Translate isn't bad with French.

Always remember too that in most countries it is "active" or "passive" . "Top or "bottom" means nothing.

Most European guys I know state in their ad "No Bareback!!" sometimes followed by "Don't Ask !". They're scared of Americans especially disease-wise.

I know BB has always been more common this side of the pond but c'mon are we more likely to have diseases?

Dude, you hate this country too much!

One more thing, if it wasn't for the U.S. Europe's official language will be German or Russian. Just saying...

if you want emphasis, you could try "guère" (ne guere) though that could be harder out of context

19th century French? Maybe!

I don't speak French - I'll confess that my knowledge of the language stems much more from French opera than anything else lol. But given that, the mention of "guere" did remind me of a wonderful pun in Les Mamelles De Tiresias (play by Apollinaire, 1903/1917, Opera by Poulenc, 1947):

Écoutez ô Français la leçon de la guerre

Et faites des enfants vous qui n’en faisiez guère.

I know BB has always been more common this side of the pond but c'mon are we more likely to have diseases?

Dude, you hate this country too much!

One more thing, if it wasn't for the U.S. Europe's official language will be German or Russian. Just saying...

Yes, we are much more likely to have diseases. Those of us who go to Prague a lot have known for a while that the Czech guys demand condoms with Americans 100%. But they will BB with other Czechs. 1.4 million, mostly gay men, live with Aids in the US. The HIV rate in Czech Republic is .02%......that's 1/50th of 1%. One of the lowest incidence in the world. And even much worse is our incidence of gonorrhea, hepatitis, etc. Prep has caused an epidemic of other sexual diseases in the US. European providers have reason to be scared of us disease-wise. An American even asks about BB and they will often block his number immediately.

Edited by tassojunior

I don't understand the concept of being unexcited whilst in Paris ;)

According to Wikipedia, as of 2014, the HIV prevalence rate among all adults in the US is 0.6%. In most of Western Europe and Scandinavia it's lower (0.4% in France, 0.33% in the UK, 0.15% in Germany, 0.1% in Finland, to take a few data points).

If you look for stats on men who have sex with men in particular, they are harder to find. I found some estimated numbers for NYC (1 in 6) and London (1 in 7). Who knows if those types of patterns hold across Europe in general -- or if the stats for other STDs are in the same ballpark or not.

So statistically, are we more likely to have diseases? Maybe! Does that actually have any relevance to rational precautions against disease transmission when you're having sex with people whose STD status you aren't sure of (aka, people)? No! God Bless America! Or something.

If your whilst in Paris is changing planes at CDG it can be downright miserable.

I was in school in Paris for a few months and it is a wonderful place to live. Nowadays I dread the sky-high hotels and the crowds, crowds, crowds. I do central Europe: Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Croatian coast. More like what Paris used to be like.

Edited by tassojunior

If your whilst in Paris is changing planes at CDG it can be downright miserable.

I was in school in Paris for a few months and it is a wonderful place to live. Nowadays I dread the sky-high hotels and the crowds, crowds, crowds. I do central Europe: Hamburg, Berlin, Prague, Vienna, Budapest, Croatian coast. More like what Paris used to be like.

And not just any crowd: crowds made of fucking Parisians as well.

Yes, we are much more likely to have diseases. Those of us who go to Prague a lot have known for a while that the Czech guys demand condoms with Americans 100%. But they will BB with other Czechs. 1.4 million, mostly gay men, live with Aids in the US. The HIV rate in Czech Republic is .02%......that's 1/50th of 1%. One of the lowest incidence in the world. And even much worse is our incidence of gonorrhea, hepatitis, etc. Prep has caused an epidemic of other sexual diseases in the US. European providers have reason to be scared of us disease-wise. An American even asks about BB and they will often block his number immediately.

Are you American? I thought you were Brazilian and live in the states.

HIV based on nationality sounds to me like xenophobia. Besides I love how assertive you're as if you had done poll and discovered that 100% of Czechs will do this or that with that nationality.

According to Wikipedia, as of 2014, the HIV prevalence rate among all adults in the US is 0.6%. In most of Western Europe and Scandinavia it's lower (0.4% in France, 0.33% in the UK, 0.15% in Germany, 0.1% in Finland, to take a few data points).

If you look for stats on men who have sex with men in particular, they are harder to find. I found some estimated numbers for NYC (1 in 6) and London (1 in 7). Who knows if those types of patterns hold across Europe in general -- or if the stats for other STDs are in the same ballpark or not.

So statistically, are we more likely to have diseases? Maybe! Does that actually have any relevance to rational precautions against disease transmission when you're having sex with people whose STD status you aren't sure of (aka, people)? No! God Bless America! Or something.

Tell that to 100% of the Czechs boys Tasso knows...

Edited by marylander1940

And not just any crowd: crowds made of fucking Parisians as well.

My experience is that Parisians are lovely people -- provided you aren't a tourist trying to talk to them in English. And I kinda don't blame them. Talk about a city overrun by tourists. Just saying "hello, how are you?" -- even if you're just using your guide-book French -- makes all the difference when interacting with merchants, waiters, cute guys you meet in the jardin, etc.

My experience is that Parisians are lovely people -- provided you aren't a tourist trying to talk to them in English. And I kinda don't blame them. Talk about a city overrun by tourists. Just saying "hello, how are you?" -- even if you're just using your guide-book French -- makes all the difference when interacting with merchants, waiters, cute guys you meet in the jardin, etc.

OK. Now tell me when Paris isn't overrun with the tourist crowds. Christmas? Otherwise you get your choice of being trampled by herds of German high schoolers or gaggles of Japanese matrons and their hubbies, or Italian extended families. All while getting your pockets picked by pushy Romanians. Every European seems to have to make a pilgrimage to Paris at least once in their life and that's 500 million people crowding in at some time with Americans and Japanese to also fit in on top. No wonder hotel rooms the size of walk-in closets are $200 and a normal one can run you $500 easily.

I love Paris, it's cafes and bakeries. it's museums and gardens. People working in them are about the only Parisians you meet anymore.

Most French people I have ever spoken to who are NOT from Paris ALSO say Parisians are rude even to other French people or

Francophones. Like 9/10 French people I have asked. Or who have said this on their own. It’s SORT of like New Yorkers and other Americans, only worse.

Exactly what I meant. And most foreigner only visit Paris when they visit France, so then they think the French are arrogant, because they only ever met Parisians.