Pasta or Steak

gilbert
This topic is 2118 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a little searching on Facebook this morning to see if I could find more info about my hunky bartender. I used his first name, which isn't too common, along with the area the restaurant is in, and low and behold, a name pops up with his picture. Once I went through the Facebook pictures I went to Instagram and found more pictures. Taking the information and piecing it together revealed a very interesting young man. He's a college student working on a pre law degree. He is the lead singer and guitar in a local rock band. He loves dogs. From time to time interesting quotes concerning the human condition show up with his pictures. He's a body builder and certified to be a personal conditioning coach.

Of course, everyone is wondering if he's gay. Very interesting. I came across a picture of him playing his guitar with a gay pride flag superimposed over it. There were several comments to the side of the picture including one from an uncle who seemed to disagree with his support of the gay community and wondered what his father thought. This gifted young man shot right back at him uncle saying he was 18, an adult, and he would form his own opinions about such matters and continued to explain how being gay is not a choice. Now, no where does he say he's gay. He could very well just be an individual who stands up for the LGBT community. His mother even weighed in and said that she and her husband raised their children to stand up for what they believe and be able to discuss issues with people. It looks like he had one or two relationships with girls in high school and maybe college, but it looks like there's no relationship going on now. He was a high school cheerleader for most of his high school career, and I guess that could set off the gaydar, but there are lots of male cheerleaders who are straight. Anyway, he was a cheerleader and he sure had the guns to lift those ladies high in the air.

Well, that's our boy. He sounds like a very special young man. As a retired teacher, it's very rewarding to know and work with young people like this. As an old gay man I can only wish I were 30 years younger. I have a picture, but I can't figure out how to attach it.

I did a little searching on Facebook this morning to see if I could find more info about my hunky bartender. I used his first name, which isn't too common, along with the area the restaurant is in, and low and behold, a name pops up with his picture. Once I went through the Facebook pictures I went to Instagram and found more pictures. Taking the information and piecing it together revealed a very interesting young man. He's a college student working on a pre law degree. He is the lead singer and guitar in a local rock band. He loves dogs. From time to time interesting quotes concerning the human condition show up with his pictures. He's a body builder and certified to be a personal conditioning coach.

Of course, everyone is wondering if he's gay. Very interesting. I came across a picture of him playing his guitar with a gay pride flag superimposed over it. There were several comments to the side of the picture including one from an uncle who seemed to disagree with his support of the gay community and wondered what his father thought. This gifted young man shot right back at him uncle saying he was 18, an adult, and he would form his own opinions about such matters and continued to explain how being gay is not a choice. Now, no where does he say he's gay. He could very well just be an individual who stands up for the LGBT community. His mother even weighed in and said that she and her husband raised their children to stand up for what they believe and be able to discuss issues with people. It looks like he had one or two relationships with girls in high school and maybe college, but it looks like there's no relationship going on now. He was a high school cheerleader for most of his high school career, and I guess that could set off the gaydar, but there are lots of male cheerleaders who are straight. Anyway, he was a cheerleader and he sure had the guns to lift those ladies high in the air.

Well, that's our boy. He sounds like a very special young man. As a retired teacher, it's very rewarding to know and work with young people like this. As an old gay man I can only wish I were 30 years younger. I have a picture, but I can't figure out how to attach it.

I wouldn’t post his picture if I were you...

Thank-you for the update!

Thank you for the advice! I didn't know if it would be appropriate or not.

You’re welcome! From another post you said:

Someone suggested I stop being so self-conscious about myself. He's SO right. I need to work on that.

Get OVER that! Self confidence is very attractive to younger guys when you’re the older man attracted to them. Yeah it’s a long shot....but if you don’t swing the bat you don’t strike out...or get a hit.

Find some common interest with this bartender...figure a way to suggest a coffee meet or lunch to discuss.

Next time you are there you might start out with: If you don't mind my asking you a question...I am looking to hire a personal trainer and I was wondering if you could suggest one because you seem to be in great shape. As he is certified, as you learned from your snooping, he may offer his services, for a fee. If not, follow up by asking which gym he would recommend for an old geezer like you. Tell him you might be uncomfortable in a gym full of youngsters. If he tries to contradict you, you may have a shot. If he just lets you demean yourself without coming to your assistance, then keep the eye candy and keep your eyes open for another bartender and another big piece of beef to eat.

Edited by purplekow

Next time you are there you might start out with: If you don't mind my asking you a question...I am looking to hire a personal trainer and I was wondering if you could suggest one because you seem to be in great shape. As he is certified, as you learned from your snooping, he may offer his services, for a fee. If not, follow up by asking which gym he would recommend for an old geezer like you. Tell him you might be uncomfortable in a gym full of youngsters. If he tries to contradict you, you may have a shot. If he just lets you demean yourself without coming to your assistance, then keep the eye candy and keep your eyes open for another bartender and another big piece of beef to eat.

Ha! Very good! Thanks.

Ha! Very good! Thanks.