Coffee Breath?

Avalon
This topic is 1836 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It's been awhile since I've kissed anyone. I don't drink coffee. I hate coffee breath! Gag! It's a turn-off!

I do enjoy a good cup of coffee, but also take care to not end up with the resulting coffee breath if I am going to be in close quarters. As a side note: I really enjoy the smell of fresh coffee - i’ve come to suspect it may be the reason behind my drinking it. On the flip side, I can’t stand coffee flavoured ice cream! Is that weird?o_O

Well, I am one of those rare persons that hates coffee and never drinks it. I don’t like the bitterness or the hot temperature (the only hot liquid I tolerate is soup, actually), and I don’t care much about the flavor either. As for coffee breath....yiiiiikes.

I remember once when I was staying with my grandmother one morning when I came out of my room she had a pot of coffee brewing. The smell was overwhelming; it gagged me! I went back into my room.

I even try to avoid the coffee aisle at the grocery store.

There used to be a coffee shop (not Starbucks) on my town's main street. If I had to use that street I'd often hold my breath driving by.

I remember once when I was staying with my grandmother one morning when I came out of my room she had a pot of coffee brewing. The smell was overwhelming; it gagged me! I went back into my room.

I even try to avoid the coffee aisle at the grocery store.

There used to be a coffee shop (not Starbucks) on my town's main street. If I had to use that street I'd often hold my breath driving by.

Your sense of smell is a very powerful memory trigger - I enjoy the smell of freshly brewed coffee because it reminds me of cold winter mornings, spent with my grandparents, around the table, being warmed by a wood burning stove. I don't drink coffee, nor do I like products flavored in that way, but the smell delights me. Coffee breath, on the other hand, is a big no-no. ;)

• 8 months later...

Pretty much every day for 25+ years, I started every morning with a quad espresso. I stopped the habit only after my fancy superautomatic died & I didn't feel like dishing out a grand (at least!) for a new one. I never thought about it, but my breath probably wasn't the best. Yikes! Maybe the old superautomatic's death was a blessing in disguise.

• 1 month later...

I love coffee and I do drink it any time of day. But I do keep a toothbrush and toothpaste in the drawer at work so I can quickly brush if I have to run to a meeting, or if I have to hangout with friends or a date directly after work. Brushing the tongue is the most important thing. Any after taste typically sticks to the tongue more than your teeth.