Dedicated to RockhardNYC who hates aging Divas

Larstrup
This topic is 2131 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

She should be admired for the icon that she is, by anyone...anyone with a brain that is. My friend saw her once in concert. The Marquee simply said "Tina". You know you've arrived when they only need your first name.

This one still tugs at my heart every time I hear it, and when she's gone, a little peace of me will be gone also...

Edited by bigvalboy

She should be admired for the icon that she is, by anyone...anyone with a brain that is. My friend saw her once in concert. The Marquee simply said "Tina". You know you've arrived when they only need your first name.

Perhaps they were just having a big sale on Crystal Meth.

Tina is awesome!!!!!

Check into a rehab facility ASAP, man!

This one still tugs at my heart every time I hear it, and when she's gone, a little peace of me will be gone also...

Good song, but every time she grunts out 'What's love' I think she's straining to squeeze out a turd.

Good song, but every time she grunts out 'What's love' I think she's straining to squeeze out a turd.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/busting.gif

I do love her, though. At least I used to.

“Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Edited by bigvalboy

Not Ella Fitzgerald?

What about Cher? Melanie (Safka)? Shirley Partridge?

Yup, Tina, Aretha Franklin, Diana Ross, Gladys Knight, Stevie Nicks-I love those folks!

How about somebody who recently recorded new material? Agnetha Faltskog

Edited by samhexum

Aretha Franklin,

I had pavilion tickets to see Ms. Franklin at Ravinia a few years ago, but there was a crisis at work, and ended up at the office until mid evening. When I finally got home late, reaching into the fridge to make a drink, I saw my calendar said "Aretha Ravinia". I had completely forgot about it while at work.

Thanks for the reminder of what a talent she is.

It's fascinating how some gay men abandon the artists whom they once grew up with and perhaps once idolized, simply because they have aged and gotten older, and can no longer perform at the peak of their career. I dread the day that Patti LuPone loses her range and some here, turn on her like the shallow queens they are. And yes, I’m looking at you, Benjamin Nicholas.