RIP Tab Hunter

maninsoma
This topic is 2137 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tab Hunter, Actor and '50s Hollywood Golden Boy, Dies at 86

AAzMYV7.img?h=180&w=270&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=239&y=217

Hunter, who starred in such films as 1955's "Battle Cry," 1956's "The Burning Hills" and the 1958 musical "Damn Yankees," also parlayed his onscreen success into music, scoring a Billboard hit with the 1956 single "Young Love."

The star later found a younger cult audience following a role in John Waters' 1981 film "Polyester" and Paul Bartel's 1985 film "Lust in the Dust."

In his 2005 memoir "Tab Hunter Confidential," he disclosed that he had remained a closeted gay man in Hollywood's golden age — with studio-approved relationships with female co-stars like Natalie Wood to cover for his actual affairs with men like "Psycho" star Anthony Perkins. AAzN4y7.img?h=996&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=1310&y=876

Hunter's memoir was adapted into an award-winning documentary in 2015.

His three-year affair with Perkins is also the subject of a newly announced film, "Tab & Tony," with star Zachary Quinto and producer J.J. Abrams.

The actor was in a relationship with producer Allan Glaser ("Lust in the Dust") for three decades.

"Tab passed away tonight three days shy of his 87th birthday," his Facebook page announed late Sunday night. "Please honor his memory by saying a prayer on his behalf. He would have liked that."

Edited by bigvalboy

Having recently seen the documentary I downloaded the book Tab Hunter Confidential. I’m halfway through the book which is really very good and there’s a lot more naturally than in the movie. So his death has saddened me now that I only recently rediscovered him. He had in many ways a difficult life but also comes across as a very decent guy. I do recommend the book.

Having recently seen the documentary I downloaded the book Tab Hunter Confidential. I’m halfway through the book which is really very good and there’s a lot more naturally than in the movie. So his death has saddened me now that I only recently rediscovered him. He had in many ways a difficult life but also comes across as a very decent guy. I do recommend the book.

I found it a great read and it was both sad and enlightening. His relationship with Tony Perkins and Rudolph Nureyev was really interesting but his friendship with Natalie Wood was really nice and his coming out was a journey he took. RIP Tab. You will be missed.

Hunter lived many years on horse farms outside DC in Virginia. By coincidence, a Tab Hunter also died today in Richmond and there's a little confusion.

here today.

Like so many others he was an erotic idol for this young gay boy who turned out to be gay as an affirmation.

Nowadays poor young gay guys have to wonder which of their "gay" heartthrobs will next turn out to be straight. How humiliating.