Big Brother - Season 20

This topic is 2050 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great season!! I was hoping for Tyler to win tho. Seems like Scottie, Sam, RS, and Bay all voted personal. Fessie will be forever lost lol. Loved Level 6 and JC.

Scottie claimed his vote for Kaycee was simply because she won the final HOH over Tyler. He said he would have voted for Tyler had he won it. Of course then Tyler would have been the one to cut JC, so that vote may have been lost for Tyler, which would still make Kaycee the winner! :eek:

TruHart1 :cool:

I am quite happy that Kaycee won BB20, though I thought Tyler actually played a better game. Tyler's game was not as easily discerned as Kaycee's, which was more direct and straightforward, including an amazing run of POV wins during the second half but also a social game that kept the jury members non-bitter toward her. Tyler's game was just too subtle and not obvious to the jurors who were, in fact, bitter towards Tyler upon leaving the house.

Tyler did win America's Favorite Player, and that was because those of us who watched the feeds daily could see how well he played the game! Ironically, if he'd taken his 'showmance,' Angela to the final two with him instead of his day one promised 'ride or die' Kaycee, he would most likely have won due to the many jury members who were bitter toward Angela!!!

Still, this was one of the best Big Brother seasons (thanks to Tyler, JC, Kaitlyn, Fessie, Brett and Sam!) in the last ten seasons in my opinion!

I can sure agree an argument could be made for Tyler winning, and obviously he came close. He was also admittedly integral in strategy, planning, and execution. However, Tyler got "blood on his hands" and made several top 2 deals he obviously could not (or had no intention of) honoring and made other "broken" promises.

This is why I say KC played a brilliant game. She was able to play such a stellar social game, one of the best I have ever seen on Big Brother. She was able to nominate and eliminate people from the house without getting one spot of blood on her hands. She was a fierce competitor, a veto killer, and won when it count. more than all of that, she was able to do this without having to lie and break promises. She even was true to her word in the end taking Tyler to the end instead of JC.. even though JC might have been easier to beat and even though Tyler just broke his promise to her about dropping in round 1 of the final to let her have it. She also (true to her word) kept Tyler over Angela, who would have been much easier to beat heads up in the final two.

I can sure agree an argument could be made for Tyler winning, and obviously he came close. He was also admittedly integral in strategy, planning, and execution. However, Tyler got "blood on his hands" and made several top 2 deals he obviously could not (or had no intention of) honoring and made other "broken" promises.

This is why I say KC played a brilliant game. She was able to play such a stellar social game, one of the best I have ever seen on Big Brother. She was able to nominate and eliminate people from the house without getting one spot of blood on her hands. She was a fierce competitor, a veto killer, and won when it count. more than all of that, she was able to do this without having to lie and break promises. She even was true to her word in the end taking Tyler to the end instead of JC.. even though JC might have been easier to beat and even though Tyler just broke his promise to her about dropping in round 1 of the final to let her have it. She also (true to her word) kept Tyler over Angela, who would have been much easier to beat heads up in the final two.

Salient points for Kaycee's excellent social game, @down_to_business, and that is why I was happy that she won. Tyler was just a more impressive, flashier player, though his fellow housemates, especially the "Foute'" side, most of whom were the deciding final jury votes, had no clue just how much he was involved in every blindside and every machination, from week one when he was the first HOH in the house and got Steve voted out, through finessing Kaitlyn's uncontrollable ups and downs to get Swaggy out, attempting all through the game (not always successfully, either!) to control Sam's scattershot mood swings, to that final major blindside of Brett!

His was a game much more like my favorite Big Brother player of all time, Dan Gheesling, who won BB10 and was the runner-up in BB14! Unfortunately, though Kaycee was rock-solidly true to her word, she went on that veto/HOH winning spree which made Tyler more the Memphis to her Dan than the other way around! Kaycee had a SOLID (one might even say steady but boring) game but Tyler, Tyler had an exciting game to WATCH! He will always be one of the best Big Brother players who never won for me, playing in one of the most exciting US Big Brother seasons ever! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Well he did win America's favorite vote so others agree with you. He was a brilliant strategist and my goodness he commanded loyalty (be it one-sided) from almost everyone in that house. The boy has charisma! Well before the knives entered their backs at least.

Hard to feel too sorry for him though-- he got $75,000 and the girl :D This was one of my favorite seasons too.

Dan was an amazing player. I also put Derrick Levasseur up there too.

Now are you looking forward to celebrity big bro #2? Me.. not so much as the real show, but I will likely still watch ;)

Well he did win America's favorite vote so others agree with you. He was a brilliant strategist and my goodness he commanded loyalty (be it one-sided) from almost everyone in that house. The boy has charisma! Well before the knives entered their backs at least.

Hard to feel too sorry for him though-- he got $75,000 and the girl :D This was one of my favorite seasons too.

Dan was an amazing player. I also put Derrick Levasseur up there too.

Now are you looking forward to celebrity big bro #2? Me.. not so much as the real show, but I will likely still watch ;)

Yeah. The first US celeb Big Brother was sort of so so, (though I thought James Maslow was hot as hell!) with another bitter jury mad at the better player who did not treat them well as he evicted them. The thing I really enjoyed about celebrity Big Brother is that it was so short, only 26 days long! I have watched a few of the UK celebrity Big Brother seasons, including the most recent one with Kirstie Alley winning runner-up against the winner Ryan Thomas, an English actor who starred in the long-running British soap opera Coronation Street from 2000, when he was only 16 through 2016, when he was 32! I also watched much of the 2014 season when a very feeble Gary Busey won!

Edited by TruHart1

I think Tyler might have won if his answers to the jury questions had been better. Having played a pretty brilliant game, he didn't express that well at all, his statements during the finale were muddled and confusing. I'm not sure anyone made up his or her mind based on the jury interview, but Kaycee was more coherent and made her case better.

I think Tyler might have won if his answers to the jury questions had been better. Having played a pretty brilliant game, he didn't express that well at all, his statements during the finale were muddled and confusing. I'm not sure anyone made up his or her mind based on the jury interview, but Kaycee was more coherent and made her case better.

Julie Chen-Moonves interrupting Tyler multiple times during his jury speech, telling him to keep it short, certainly did not help his case either, making his speech seem unfocussed and certainly a bit more scattered than Kaycee repeating the same thing (I played a great social game!!!) again and again in answer to every question and then repeating it yet again as her jury speech!

As you say though, to the 'Foute' ' side, Tyler was definitely not as clear in his answers as Kaycee pounding her social game home again and again was! Haleigh claimed that she planned to vote for Kaycee before Tyler's speech and his jury question answers but changed her mind and decided to vote for him only at the last minute! If she'd had the time to consult with Fessie, who knows, she may have convinced him to vote for Tyler and we might have had a different winner!!!

It was a great season!! I was hoping for Tyler to win tho. Seems like Scottie, Sam, RS, and Bay all voted personal. Fessie will be forever lost lol. Loved Level 6 and JC.

Tyler got complacent in the 2nd half. He should not have voted Sam out and forced the tie or convinced them to get rid of JC. He should of realized the Sofa was going to win over him especially after that Bay fight.

Tyler got complacent in the 2nd half. He should not have voted Sam out and forced the tie or convinced them to get rid of JC. He should of realized the Sofa was going to win over him especially after that Bay fight.

Unfortunately, Sam was so changeable in her moods, up and down, stating she'd murder anyone she felt was working against her, along with some pretty paranoid acting out, I don't think Tyler wanted to take the chance with her, though that was JC's plan all along. Yes, the sofa won but Tyler ended up melting the frozen heart of the lampshade, who turns out to be the love of his life!!!