Plane, Vonlane, Your car, a nice car, Airline, Megabus,

Fyton
This topic is 2166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I readily travel between A, D, and H by air. It sucks. Recently, however, at the strong suggestion a frugal client I have been using Vonlane (idk if it's Texan, US, or from lesser known parts).

The Vonlane buses port at The Double Tree, Love Field, Dallas, and Hyatt Regency at the corner of Louisiana and Dallas in downtown Dallas, and the Hyatt Regency, Austin..

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your goal is obtuse communication that no one but you understands, keep using single letter acronyms. And, by all means, reference things like "Vonlane" with the assumption that everyone else in the world has heard of them.

I think the OP means Austin, Dallas and Houston. But I’m not from Texas so that’s just a guess and I also don’t follow the question...

I think the OP means Austin, Dallas and Houston. But I’m not from Texas so that’s just a guess and I also don’t follow the question...

I'm sure that you're correct, but it shouldn't be the reader's task to solve this puzzle. Is it unreasonable to expect someone to reread their post and consider, for just a moment, whether the reader might be able to understand it?

I found a quote once. "Don't write so you can be understood. Write so you can't be misunderstood". I try to live by that.

I remember an article by Larry Niven, a science fiction author, about a group of space enthusiasts getting together to write a proposal about space exploration. Niven, a professional writer, was going nuts trying to get the other enthusiasts to write intelligibly. I remember one of his points in particular - "using acronyms makes things harder to understand, not easier".

If he's referencing Vonlane, he's talking about the Texas Triangle.

And yes, Vonlane is fantastic... I hope they continue to expand around the state.

https://www.vonlane.com/index/experience

I don’t even have any idea what this company is about after looking at the website. Do they have scheduled services, or charter or what? And why park one’s car, take a bus, then rent a car or take a taxi? Might as well just drive yourself. Probably get there more quickly and at your own schedule. Just so one can sleep or make posts to this forum during the trip?

I find it interesting that someone who purports to in fly First Class / Private Jets and motor around in a Porsche, is promoting a bus.

Where in the world did you get First Class, Porsche, Private jets, and so on? Did I miss something?

Between LA & San Francisco it’s ridecabin.com. $99 each way, leaves @ 11 PM arrives at 7 AM. For $200 you can travel round trip between the cities and spend 18 hours in the city with no hotel bill, for just a bit more that round trip airfare.

Sorry, only 1 person per pod. Damnit!

Edit to clarify Where the 18 hours are spent.

Edited by instudiocity

Between LA & San Francisco it’s ridecabin.com. $99 each way, leaves @ 11 PM arrives at 7 AM. For $200 you can travel round trip between the cities and spend 18 hours in the city with no hotel bill, for just a bit more that round trip airfare.

Sorry, only 1 person per pod. Damnit!

Edit to clarify Where the 18 hours are spent.

Wow I didn’t know about this service....I like it! Would fit well into my schedule for travel to The City! FYI the founder is kinda cute

https://www.ridecabin.com/our-story