Plane, Vonlane, Your car, a nice car, Airline, Megabus,

Fyton
This topic is 2166 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I can sleep in a $99 pod to SF far better than a $5,000 one on a plane to Bangkok.

It’s 18 hours in the city, 8 hours each way, napping in your pod or hanging in the bar.

OK the Bangkok analogy was regarding time, and besides, Bangkok has better boys. :p BUT...my point is, wouldn't it be easier to fly to SF? One hour before take off, one hour flying, and in approx two hours plus you are in SF, sleeping in a real bed or sitting at a real bar. I just don't get doing the central valley in a glorified Trailways, sleeping on top of some ya-hoo in a pod, bouncing along at 70 miles an hour for 8 hours, but that's just me. Each to his own. ;)

Edited by bigvalboy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ladies and questionable gentlemen, this is a prime example of what we call a thought dump thread.

I've never heard that term. I used to call my first drafts of papers in school something like that, where I'd just start writing and dump out everything I could think of about the topic, and then mercilessly edit, cut, and rearrange until it made sense. Is my first draft what you mean by a thought dump?

I readily travel between A, D, and H by air. It sucks. Recently, however, at the strong suggestion a frugal client I have been using Vonlane (idk if it's Texan, US, or from lesser known parts).

The Vonlane buses port at The Double Tree, Love Field, Dallas, and Hyatt Regency at the corner of Louisiana and Dallas in downtown Dallas, and the Hyatt Regency, Austin..

I got dizzy reading what you wrote. It's a joke... but next time try to be more clear.

Example:

I'm tired of flying, there's a new bus program in between Texan cities with luxury large seats that make travel from one downtown hotel to another easier and more comfortable. They also include the airport of Dallas Love Field. Here's a link to the site:

www.vonlane.com

Also most of us don't live in Texas. I get it that A is Austin, D is Dallas, and H is Houston. Do you mind saying it? I get the "pass me the mayo", or "do you have OJ" but c'mon! I thought you were saying A D and H as saying traveling from point A to B. You need to read before posting, to know it makes sense to others.

answering your question, yes it's only in Texas, but as we all know Southwest was only Texan for many years, later on it became national, I think they fly to Mexico now or they're trying to.

If your goal is obtuse communication that no one but you understands, keep using single letter acronyms. And, by all means, reference things like "Vonlane" with the assumption that everyone else in the world has heard of them.

He wasn't assuming it, he was just trying to promote it.

What's normally known to some may not be for others.

Edited by marylander1940