Netflix "Mindhunter" and "Marcella"

This topic is 2150 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Really enjoying both of these series on Netflix. At first I thought Mindhunter (directed by the great David Fincher) was going to be a hard watch. The subject matter is pretty gruesome and disturbing. Like watching Silence of the Lambs. But I'm about 6 episodes complete and it so compelling, interesting, well acted and directed. I highly recommend. Plus the main actor which is based on a real FBI agent is Johnathan Groff..

Marcella is a really good detective series made from England with a great cast lead by a wonderful actress Anna Friel. It's 2 seasons and I'm about 1/2 way done with Season 2.

Thank goodness for Netflix and Amazon because once Game of Thrones is done with HBO so am I...

Really enjoying both of these series on Netflix. At first I thought Mindhunter (directed by the great David Fincher) was going to be a hard watch. The subject matter is pretty gruesome and disturbing. Like watching Silence of the Lambs. But I'm about 6 episodes complete and it so compelling, interesting, well acted and directed. I highly recommend. Plus the main actor which is based on a real FBI agent is Johnathan Groff..

Marcella is a really good detective series made from England with a great cast lead by a wonderful actress Anna Friel. It's 2 seasons and I'm about 1/2 way done with Season 2.

Thank goodness for Netflix and Amazon because once Game of Thrones is done with HBO so am I...

Thanks for the rec. I turned off cable some time ago because Netflix and Amazon Prime provide more content than I could ever imagine.

Another vote for Mindhunter, I binged this after my sister recommended it. I read the book years ago. The main character also is the basis for Jodie Foster's boss in "Silence of the Lambs".

Now that's interesting did not know that.

I read it years ago, so I might not be remembering this correctly....John Douglas, the FBI agent on whom both Holden Ford (Jonathon Groff's character in Mindhunter) and Jack Crawford (Jodie Foster's boss in Silence of the Lambs) was based. worked on set with Scott Glenn, who played Jack Crawford. After talking with Douglas, and hearing some of his tapes of the serial killers he'd interviewed, Scott Glenn reversed his stance against the death penalty.