Marketing Phone Calls

imagooddog

I’m very glad that, through the pandemic, there was someone who was concerned that the nonexistent extended warranty on my car was about to expire.

I get those, too. But I especially love the calls about my electric bill, or an 'apology' from my electric company. I haven't paid utilities in approximately 35 years.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get those, too. But I especially love the calls about my electric bill, or an 'apology' from my electric company. I haven't paid utilities in approximately 35 years.

And yet...the lights remain on! It’s a miracle! Or, are you living in a nut in the woods like Ted Kazinski? :p

And yet...the lights remain on! It’s a miracle! Or, are you living in a nut in the woods like Ted Kazinski? :p

My last four apartments have been in buildings that weren't individually metered. (NYC buildings are no longer allowed to be built that way). Utilities were/are part of the rent/maintenance. I do pay $15/mo year round for each air conditioner unit. I'm on the top floor, with a black roof over me, and I can't stand heat, so my a/c's are usually turned on sometime in mid-to-late May and are turned off in late Sept. Also, my building tends to give too much heat at times, so it is not unusual to be outside late at night in the winter and hear some a/c's running.

Edited by samhexum

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2021 at 4:50 AM, Becket said:

My favorite friend shows up on the caller ID six to eight times a day. Mr (or Mrs) Scam Likely. Blocking the number is like Whack-A-Mole. It's really annoying, especially if you're looking forward to a steak or great burger.

On 3/18/2021 at 4:31 AM, samhexum said:

FCC enforces largest fine ever of $225 million against telemarketers who made 1 billion robocalls

FCC proposes record $300M fine for ‘auto warranty’ robocalls

On 3/18/2021 at 4:52 AM, BnaC said:

Tough talk from the FCC...hmmm. But yet, the calls continue. I’m very glad that, through the pandemic, there was someone who was concerned that the nonexistent extended warranty on my car was about to expire.

https://nypost.com/2022/12/21/fcc-proposes-record-300m-fine-for-auto-warranty-robocalls/

On 3/18/2021 at 5:18 AM, samhexum said:

My last four apartments have been in buildings that weren't individually metered. (NYC buildings are no longer allowed to be built that way). Utilities were/are part of the rent/maintenance. I do pay $15/mo year round for each air conditioner unit. my building tends to give too much heat at times, so it is not unusual to be outside late at night in the winter and hear some a/c's running.

My computer says it's 41 degrees out.  Naturally, my a/c is on and I'm in my undies.

3 hours ago, samhexum said:

FCC proposes record $300M fine for ‘auto warranty’ robocalls

https://nypost.com/2022/12/21/fcc-proposes-record-300m-fine-for-auto-warranty-robocalls/

My computer says it's 41 degrees out.  Naturally, my a/c is on and I'm in my undies.

Is that $15 per mo. per ac unit market rates? If so electricity must be very cheap in NYC, which I find hard to believe.

7 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

Is that $15 per mo. per ac unit market rates? If so electricity must be very cheap in NYC, which I find hard to believe.

It's been that rate since I moved back in, early in 2003 (I originally moved into the apartment when I was 6 months old, after conducting a long, exhaustive search).

1 minute ago, samhexum said:

It's been that rate since I moved back in, early in 2003 (I originally moved into the apartment when I was 6 months old, after conducting a long, exhaustive search).

You said it was on top of the rent. Has that kept pace with inflation?

2 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

You said it was on top of the rent. Has that kept pace with inflation?

Not really.  We only get raises every few years, and they're not enormous.  When there's a budget shortfall they just do an assessment.

1 minute ago, Luv2play said:

I take it the apartment was 6 months old.

No, it had just begun 'the terrible twos.'  Its certificate of occupancy arrived 19 months before I did.

Not really.  We only get raises every few years, and they're not enormous.  When there's a budget shortfall they just do an assessment.

No, it had just begun 'the terrible twos.'  Its certificate of occupancy arrived 19 months before I did.

You said " I was just 6 months old when I moved into the apartment" (paraphrasing). ???

On 3/18/2021 at 5:07 AM, BnaC said:

That must have been an awfully BIG nut!

4 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

You said " I was just 6 months old when I moved into the apartment" (paraphrasing). ???

I was 6 months old, its certificate of occupancy was 25 months old.

28 minutes ago, samhexum said:

3 minutes ago, Luv2play said:

You've lost me.

It must be all the drugs you took during those ski trips in the '60s.

It must be all the drugs you took during those ski trips in the '60s.

It's your grammar that is at fault. You said you originally moved in when you were 6 months old, after conducting a long, exhaustive search. 

That must have been tough on your parents pushing you around in a pram. Lol