MARCH MADNESS

jackhammer91406
This topic is 6636 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest rohale

Jackhammer,

I totally agree with you, both games were fantastic. I was more focused on the UCLA v Gonz basketball game. A great come from behind victory for UCLA, no doubt about it.

With this game behind them and with very little time to rest, UCLA will have their big test come this Saturday when they face Memphis. Both teams have already played eachother a few times this past season and offcourse Memphis has come out pretty much on top. Nothing against Memphis, but I'm hoping the tide will change this upcoming weekend and hopefully UCLA will prevail and just keep advancing towards the NCAA finals.

For UCLA this is a really good solid young team and compared to the spot they were in twelve months ago. Well they've had a really good come back season. To have a new coach in place and with all the injuries Coach Howland has had to deal with, including Jordan Farmar. Offcourse not to mention this past week, end of quarter semester finals, Howland has done a terrific job in keeping his team focused. Again I hope UCLA survives against Memphis this upcoming Saturday and just keep going.

Rohale

I'm a Madness lover too! I was at the Georgia Dome last night, and had a great seat to watch the Sweet Sixteen match-ups. The officiating at the first game sucked. It was equally bad for both teams, so neither had an advantage because of the poor officiating. Major contact was ignored, and silly fouls were called; two very weak calls went against LSU's big man, and forced him to sit many minutes of the first and second half. LSU's defense was the difference. They stifled Reddick. The LSU guards and small forwards chased and bumped and harassed him all over the floor. He only had two, maybe three, clean looks at the basket all night. Duke had no else to help Shelden Williams. Duke's freshman point (Paulus) guard did not play well. Because of him, I never did believe they had a shot at the championship, much less even making the Final 4. I was right.

As for the second game, I almost left at halftime. I was soooo tired. The first half was uninspiring, and the disparity between Texas' inside game and WVU's outside shooting, left me feeling blah at halftime. I'm glad I stayed. WV must have hit over a dozen 3's in the game; haven't seen the stat sheet, but they didn't quit, and the end was awesome. It's March Madness, baby!

>If the Final 4 were played in the nude, then I might be

>excited to watch :9

Wow, such a typical posting from you! Nothing of substance, just another little grade school girlie giggly! If you can't discuss the topic under discussion, because you don't know anything about the topic and/or just don't care, then please SAVE the drool for your kleenex! Or better yet, confine your posts to silly topics, such as the ROS google picture postings.

Believe it or not, it is not required that you respond to every thread, as failure to do so will not result in eviction. :o

EAT my shorts Billy Packer

Man, that BC/Villanova game was GREAT tonight. Not that I'm happy at the outcome, as my Final Four in the pool is Texas, UCLA, Connecticut and Boston College, with Connecticut over Texas in the title game.

But I don't really care! The Hawk is in 7th Heaven tonight!!!!!!!!!!!and just one rung below Nirvana, with George Mason in the Elite Eight!!!!

I had faith in GMU tonight as they had beaten WSU in Wichita during the regular season, and playing at Verizon Center in DC was basically a home game for GMU, but I was worried about the SI cover jinx as GMU is on this week's cover!

Damn, just ONCE I'd like to see a small or mid-major conference team win the title! GO GMU PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GMU's performance in this tournament has made this my all-time FAVORITE tournament in my entire lifetime!

So, Billy Packer, who slammed GMU for even being in this tournament: ELITE EIGHT baby, so eat my shorts, kiss my butt or whatever, as you SUCK! :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

No that's not an earthquake you feel shaking the ground out there in LA, its just all of us GMU fans stomping our feet over here in the DC area!! :7

I bet the media has heard of GMU now! Really, media hype way overrates so many teams from the BIG conferences, as just facts: GMU was in the top 25 Division 1A schools as far as RPI rankings and the 9th rated defensive team in all Division 1A this year.

LOVE IT!!!

Villanova isn't looking too good right now, but then again, GMU was down by 9 at the half. Have to be rooting for Florida, though, as GMU has already beaten the best in the Big East conference, and I would love to see them beat a team from the big, powerful Southeast conference, as WTF they already have rolled over the Big Ten, ACC, MVC and Big East, so BRING ON the Southeast! :7 :7

RE: LOVE OF NAKED SPORTS!

Yes! Exciting game! I agree with one of your response that it would be great to see them play in the nude! Nakedness and the great outdoors! I think that influences my choice of sports... tight butt huggin' uniforms... hot muscular guys getting all physical... Rugby, wrestling, football, soccer... MMMMmmmmm I think I'll wear my wrestling singlet just for fun!

Tyger!

RE: FINAL TWO

>I bet that I won't watch it!:)

I won't either, but I got curious to try to find out when/where. It's tough to find! All the articles about it at this point assume everyone has been following along and already knows the schedule.

The NCAA home page is running a cover story about women's bowling. LOL I did find a listing of weekend events (except the games), giving venues, but you have to go all the way to the bottom of that page to get a hint that they're in Indianapolis.

No help at cnn.com or si.com, either. I did gather it's airing on CBS, but you won't find that out at cbs.com. I learned it in a q&a with one of SI's columnists doing broadcast commentary for CBS. Once I'd discovered the game is Monday and the network, tvguide.com coughed up a starting time.

Whew! Whatever happened to basic journalism?

(I should have gone local to begin with; found all the information in one place on our local NBC affiliate's page. Go figure!)

Archived