Pose on Fx

Guest MikeThomas
This topic is 1387 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest MikeThomas

Just watched episode one of Ryan Murphy’s Pose on Fx. I thought it was very good. Anyone watching?

Just watched episode one of Ryan Murphy’s Pose on Fx. I thought it was very good. Anyone watching?

Billy Porter is a great talent....The first episode was more than I had hoped for.....sometimes I just want to watch a good story with well rounded characters..I suspect it will get better...Sort of a Paris Is Burning At The HS Of Performing Arts (Fame) with RuPaul as the PTA head....I saw Billy Porter as Mr Jackie on Law and Order SVU and in Kinky Boots...He can sing...dance...and emote...

Guest MikeThomas

I originally posted in The Lounge. Didn’t know there was a Comedy & Tragedy / Television forum. LOL.

I"m doing what I did with the Versace show on FX, DVR & then watch with fast forward button. The alternative is to wait for it on Netflix. I never saw Paris is Burning. I'm inclined to watch this series then watch Paris with some understanding of the scene. Does that make any sense?

I"m doing what I did with the Versace show on FX, DVR & then watch with fast forward button. The alternative is to wait for it on Netflix. I never saw Paris is Burning. I'm inclined to watch this series then watch Paris with some understanding of the scene. Does that make any sense?

I'd say do the opposite.

Kevin Slater

• 1 month later...

I'm catching up on Pose, watching OnDemand. Enjoying it.

Last night, I watched an episode that included Billy Porter singing "For All We Know." And, then, Mj Rodriguez starting the song "Home" from The Wiz, joined by Porter to finish the number.

I see that there's a Pose audio album... I need to check it out.

I'm catching up on Pose, watching OnDemand. Enjoying it.

Last night, I watched an episode that included Billy Porter singing "For All We Know." And, then, Mj Rodriguez starting the song "Home" from The Wiz, joined by Porter to finish the number.

I see that there's a Pose audio album... I need to check it out.

That was a tremendously affecting scene (especially taken out of context). Is that Sarah Bernhardt kind of out focus? I hope they wrote her a good part.

• 1 year later...

I've been re binging watching the two seasons. I keep seeing things I hadn't noticed before. The best seeing Jose one of Madonnas dancers from her Blond Ambition tour as a judge in a couple eps. And that second season, augh had me wiping away so many tears, especially the visit to Heart Island which I didn't know about before.