NYC general information, especially Sunday afternoons/evenings

Joeysf
This topic is 2192 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys. Don't quite know where to publish this but I'll try here.

BF and I visiting Manhattan next weekend. Grew up in the suburbs, moved out west, and have never actually just gone out and played in Manhattan!

Anyone know of fun places for a couple of nice looking middle aged guys to have a drink on a sunny Sunday afternoon? Or even late on a Sunday or Saturday evening? Not into the disco party scene, but a fun bar would be...Fun. (If anyone knows SF, I'm looking for the equivalent of Daddys, the Edge, the Eagle, Moby Dick) Thanks!

Another piano venue is Townhouse on the east side. Distinguished older set crowd with roaming young admirers. Also No Where in the East Village at 14th and 2nd is a chill brownstone basement setting with a nice mixed crowd. As mentioned above, Hells Kitchen is a bit of shit show for pre-millennials but Barrage at 9th Ave and 47th was there long before the gay bar exodus from Chelsea and would be a nice early evening Sunday option.