How to ask massuer...

This topic is 2176 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

How do I ask a massuer if they can really do a massage? Too often I find guys who feel undressing and showing their dick is all I need. Reviews often dont help, as everyone is looking for something different, I guess.

I dont mind a HE or more, I just prefer some good massage work first, and I dont want to be injured.

Any help on my approach would be most appreciated.

How do I ask a massuer if they can really do a massage? Too often I find guys who feel undressing and showing their dick is all I need. Reviews often dont help, as everyone is looking for something different, I guess.

I dont mind a HE or more, I just prefer some good massage work first, and I dont want to be injured.

Any help on my approach would be most appreciated.

A better plan is to ask the clients from this forum. Mention what city you are in or going to and ask for recommendations. Many masseurs will lie to get the business or even if they are trained might give a lousy massage. This forum is a very valuable tool. Use it.

Like everything else here, I don't think there is a 100% certain, foolproof answer. However, it may help you to ask them if they do the massage on a table or a bed. In my experience, masseurs who are serious about massage will strongly prefer working on a table. If a guy does it on a bed (especially for incalls), he's probably more about the sexual aspects of the meeting.

• 2 weeks later...

For a guaranteed legit massage, ask if they are licensed or certified, you can even get the license number and look up if it’s valid and what styles they are trained in. Usually the guys asking $250+ for an hour massage will give you a glorified back rub, and it’s more about the extra elements. If the price is more reasonable it’s probably only a therapeutic massage, but that means it’s probably a decent one. Harder to find are the people that do both ;)

If your priority is an actual real massage from someone trained and knowledgeable you need to ask clearly if they're certified or licensed and for their state certification/license number so you can verify them. Ask where they were educated and how many hours of training they've received.

Note, if you go down the path of asking about and confirming their credentials, it will be less likely that you'll get "happiness at the end," because a truly certified/licensed therapist usually won't want to risk their career by performing illegal sexual acts for money.

Alternatively, you can create a thread on our "spa" forum, saying where you are geographically or where you're traveling too and ask for recommendations for a real legitimate massage from a provider who might also provide "extra" sometimes.

Here in SoCal, I only know a couple true therapists who provide true expert massages and also sometimes "extra." But, my standards are very high because I have specific issues when I need work and I have well over 4,000 hours of bodywork education/training and many years of experience from when I was a therapeutic massage professional.

Gotta say the greatest massages that I have ever received (and I have had hundreds) were from the late Glenn Wilson of Tucson, Arizona. He had very limited Esalen training and some Lomi Lomi. Some guys just have the touch. When Arizona went to licensing about 15 years ago he did not bite and chose to remain unlicensed. So if you asked Glenn for his license he would have come up short on that test. There are many trained masseurs (I have 1,200 hours) who choose not to license because then they have something to take away from you and also it is best to leave licensing to those who are playing that game. Also sometimes strictly therapeutic masseurs, as I am sure some of you have experienced, will exclude whole portions of your body (glutes come to mind) or spend 80 percent of the time working on your back. It is trial and error. Also many great M4M masseurs do have reviews on yelp so do your research (google by phone number.) Like many thing in life it is trial and error.

If your priority is an actual real massage from someone trained and knowledgeable you need to ask clearly if they're certified or licensed and for their state certification/license number so you can verify them. Ask where they were educated and how many hours of training they've received.

Note, if you go down the path of asking about and confirming their credentials, it will be less likely that you'll get "happiness at the end," because a truly certified/licensed therapist usually won't want to risk their career by performing illegal sexual acts for money.

Alternatively, you can create a thread on our "spa" forum, saying where you are geographically or where you're traveling too and ask for recommendations for a real legitimate massage from a provider who might also provide "extra" sometimes.

Here in SoCal, I only know a couple true therapists who provide true expert massages and also sometimes "extra." But, my standards are very high because I have specific issues when I need work and I have well over 4,000 hours of bodywork education/training and many years of experience from when I was a therapeutic massage professional.

Edited by bongripper

One way to see if the masseuse is a professional in a non confrontational way is to ask if they are an LMT or CMT. If they ask what those acronyms are, you have your answer already about the legitimacy of their practice. And I often find when you ask professionals if they are LMT or CMT they don’t mind answering.

LMT= licensed massage therapist

CMT= certified massage therapist

One way to see if the masseuse is a professional in a non confrontational way is to ask if they are an LMT or CMT. If they ask what those acronyms are, you have your answer already about the legitimacy of their practice. And I often find when you ask professionals if they are LMT or CMT they don’t mind answering.

Masseur = male massage therapist

Masseuse = female massage therapist

(Another data point to see if someone is likely legit, if he calls himself by the wrong title )

Gotta say the greatest massages that I have ever received (and I have had hundreds) were from the late Glenn Wilson of Tucson, Arizona. He had very limited Esalen training and some Lomi Lomi. Some guys just have the touch. When Arizona went to licensing about 15 years ago he did not bite and chose to remain unlicensed. So if you asked Glenn for his license he would have come up short on that test. There are many trained masseurs (I have 1,200 hours) who choose not to license because then they have something to take away from you and also it is best to leave licensing to those who are playing that game. Also sometimes strictly therapeutic masseurs, as I am sure some of you have experienced, will exclude whole portions of your body (glutes come to mind) or spend 80 percent of the time working on your back. It is trial and error. Also many great M4M masseurs do have reviews on yelp so do your research (google by phone number.) Like many thing in life it is trial and error.

@bongripper, you're correct that being certified or licensed isn't a guarantee of skill or quality of massage. Note that it was one of many "check-boxes" that I listed. Education is probably the best way to determine someone's interest and potential skills because "the best" in any field tend to be people who are passionate about learning in that field. Yes, some people "just have the touch" but that's only because they pay attention! Touch is the most fundamental of our senses. It's arguably our first sense when we're born and the last we usually lose when we're dying.

A great book about touch: https://mitpress.mit.edu/books/first-sense

The gentleman you mention, Wilson, must've been passionate, that and money or time are requirements to student at Esalen, which is a wonderful place to learn and grow.

Edited by LivingnLA

This is exactly what google shows

For a guaranteed legit massage, ask if they are licensed or certified, you can even get the license number and look up if it’s valid and what styles they are trained in. Usually the guys asking $250+ for an hour massage will give you a glorified back rub, and it’s more about the extra elements. If the price is more reasonable it’s probably only a therapeutic massage, but that means it’s probably a decent one. Harder to find are the people that do both ;)

Technically if they are license...they would get into trouble for giving extras. So if you ask for their license number...you are kinda asking for "no extras"! lol I'm not certified but if I was and someone asked for my license number I would give them the most legit platonic massage EVER! As to avoid getting in trouble. So if you want a professional AND extras... Just keep in mind they take a risk by giving extras if they are indeed licensed. One phone call and a client could get his license yanked!

Yeah they can't touch your glutes if they are licensed. :-(