Having realistic life dreams you can achieve

samhexum
This topic is 1941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I read an article on line today which listed the oldest restaurant in each state and DC. As it turns out I had been to two Ebbitts Grille in DC and Antoine's in Louisiana, Now 49 to go.

Bonus trivia point for the first member to guess which state has a Chinese Restaurant as its oldest restaurant.

I read an article on line today which listed the oldest restaurant in each state and DC. As it turns out I had been to two Ebbitts Grille in DC and Antoine's in Louisiana, Now 49 to go.

Bonus trivia point for the first member to guess which state has a Chinese Restaurant as its oldest restaurant.

I guess it is a list of the oldest restaurants that are still running, right? Surely Montana had some restaurants in the 19th century?

I guess it is a list of the oldest restaurants that are still running, right? Surely Montana had some restaurants in the 19th century?

My great-grandfather built one (as part of a hotel) at one of the sidings of the railroad in the northern plains of montana; does that count? :)

Yes they are the oldest restaurants still serving food and beverages. Most are taverns. The one in Montana is a Chinese restaurant. There are at least 10 steakhouses and one French Fusion.

My dream is to be independently wealthy-not gazillionare-but enough not to have to go back to work and still be able to take care of my kids and enjoy travels.

I am tired of the rat race, the politics, just learnt to tune it out . But would be nice to feel passionate about something, but the older you get, the more you realize you don't control most things and life has a mind of its own-so saddle up and get ready for a good gallop!

• 8 months later...

I've been to two also - Ebbits Grill and Tadich Grill in San Francisco 49 to go.