Tossing out a question.

purplekow
This topic is 2218 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is not really a problem nor a question of any substance but I am curious about other opinions.

I was walking out to get my Sunday Times just as a delivery man had pulled into my driveway and approached me with a package. I signed for the package gave him a generous tip and headed into the house with the large package. I then asked him if he would toss up the driveway the newspaper which was by the door to his truck. I thanked him and headed into the house.

I put down the package and came out for the paper, only to find it at the far end of the driveway.

I am still trying to figure out if I offended him in asking him to toss the paper or if he really thought I wanted the paper further from my house.

Thoughts? Frankly I am thinking he thought I wanted the paper further away.

I think that it was just a misunderstanding.

Last week when the Life Alert installer was here I had a check for a bill that I asked him if he would take out to the mailbox by the curb. He said that he would when he finished. It took it with him. I hope he mailed it.

The delivery guy sounds like a schmo--you tipped him and then asked him for a small favor, then he tosses your paper in the wrong direction?!? If his comprehension of a simple courtesy is so poor or his motor skills are so impaired, he shouldn't be driving a truck. It's kinda like being at a restaurant and your designated server is nowhere to be found--so you ask another waiter for a refill or the bill, and you get the attitude-laden response, "I'll let your server know." In other words, DAT NOT MY JOB!!!