Grindr Profile Rule Changes?

Gar1eth
This topic is 2204 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

While not really expecting it to usually lead to anything, I have a profile set up on Grindr. I hadn’t looked at it in over a month, but I opened it yesterday to update my profile since my move. When I went to save it, it wouldn’t let me because (embarrassingly I must admit to using) the word ‘cock’ in my profile:rolleyes:. But that’s not one of the words I changed. That’s been in my profile description for a long time.:mad:

Gman

Edited by Gar1eth

While not really expecting it to usually lead to anything, I have a profile set up on Grindr. I hadn’t looked at it in over a month, but I opened it yesterday to update my profile since my move. When I went to save it, it wouldn’t let me because (embarrassingly I must admit to using) the word ‘cock’ in my profile:rolleyes:. But that’s not one of the words I changed. That’s been in my profile description for a long time.:mad:

Gman

We're all shocked here that you used "cock" instead of "tallywhacker"

Does anyone know the logic for grindr to forbid explicit language? It is a hookup site, and one of the choices is “right now”, which cleary is intended to mean sex, so surely words relating to sex are necessary for guys to communicate.

Are there laws that forbids those words in countries where Grindr is most popular?

I mean, are they trying to become legal in Muslim countries, now?

I think such words were a no no before fosta/sesta.

Hugs,

Greg

It was on there for months and months. I don’t know why the filter would suddenly say it wasn’t allowed unless there had been a change in the filter.

We're all shocked here that you used "cock" instead of "tallywhacker"

Exactly what I was thinking! LOL :rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

TruHart1 :cool:

It obviously pained me, as you can imagine, not to use tallywacker, but I have a difficult enough time meeting people for .... I decided not to use any words that impacted the chance even further in a disfavorable way.

Maybe using tallywacker took up too much of the character limit?

Hugs,

Greg

There was that to consider too. Grindr is not exactly generous in their character space allowance.

Gman

I think the restrictions have to do with offering your app

in the Apple App Store, which is of course is a modern

requirement for any chance of success in the app world.

I’ve had several friends who are amature app developers

and the insane nature of the Apple requirements is freakish.

It’s big brother/thought police behavior in the extreme.

Ah, that does make sense, so Apple not only care about the developer-created content, but they impose the app makers to control the user-created content strictly, to allow their app in the store.

Maybe apple needs an "explicit" label on apps, just like they do for podcasts on iTunes, but with a filter for children iPhone users.

Then we could finally talk freely about our tallywackers's size.

Actually you MUST be right, because Planet Romeo has an app, that does not allow you to see explicit pictures, but you can see them on theit website. That must also be because the app is regulated by the store's rules, but the website isn't.

Ah, that does make sense, so Apple not only care about the developer-created content, but they impose the app makers to control the user-created content strictly, to allow their app in the store.

Maybe apple needs an "explicit" label on apps, just like they do for podcasts on iTunes, but with a filter for children iPhone users.

Then we could finally talk freely about our tallywackers's size.

Actually you MUST be right, because Planet Romeo has an app, that does not allow you to see explicit pictures, but you can see them on theit website. That must also be because the app is regulated by the store's rules, but the website isn't.

Adam 4 Adam's app is the same way.

It still must be a somewhat new rule or newly enforced old rule. I’m pretty sure I downloaded the Grindr app originally from the Apple App Store.

Gman

Planet Romeo has an app, that does not allow you to see explicit pictures, but you can see them on theit website. That must also be because the app is regulated by the store's rules, but the website isn't.

Adam 4 Adam's app is the same way.

Recon too.

I went to redo my profile there, I had always had No DRUGS . i left it and change other things, But it would not let me update until i took out No Drugs. so had to change, So I guess Durgs is a band word.

The interesting thing about that is profiles typically use the word "drugs" in the context you did - "no drugs." I can't recall ever seeing a profile that read "Love drugs" or "I use drugs." They usually refer to "PNP" or "420" or "parTy favors" or some such.