"Cache". The French Movie. Needin` Help Please !

Funseeker 22
This topic is 6697 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just saw the movie and totally missed the twist ending -duh !.

I was enjoying the flic and then the credits suddenly appeared after a strange scene.

Since the movie has a slow start but is very good and totally draws you in, would someone please email me with the ending -if there is a final one ?. No. I wasn`t sleeping. Have a couple of hunches but not sure and don`t want to give anything away. }(

The movie wasn't over...that was just a test to see who was serious about it!

But consider this from the NY Times review:

"The initial shot of the movie is answered by the last, which demands close attention and contains the intriguing suggestion that the real story has been hidden all along - that it has been driven not by the noisy public conflict between Arabs and Frenchmen, but rather by the quiet, perpetual war between fathers and sons."

Funseeker: You need to watch carefully the lower left-hand corner of the screen during the final scene, in which the "secret" is revealed. It's easy to miss. I'm not going to reveal it, because I don't want to spoil it for those who have not seen the movie. But "Cache" is a wonderful mystery and worth seeking out.

I didn't have any problem catching what was going on in the end. I saw the Two without any difficulty. I know a lot of other people I've talked to missed it, BUT I'm not exactly sure that the director intended to bury it THAT deeply. Why would he fix the camera for 4, 5 minutes without expecting the audience to see what's in the frame? I think maybe american audiences are less observant.

Nevertheless, even with the "secret" revealed the movie isn't entirely solved. It's still open ended, but less so.

>Funseeker: You need to watch carefully the lower left-hand

>corner of the screen during the final scene, in which the

>"secret" is revealed. It's easy to miss. I'm not going to

>reveal it, because I don't want to spoil it for those who have

>not seen the movie. But "Cache" is a wonderful mystery and

>worth seeking out.

Damn -Now I`ve got to go see it again. }(

Archived