A Question For Those Who Ride A Motorcycle

Avalon
This topic is 2231 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Always with me. Also, helmets are not always mandatory. In some states helmets are not required by law.

Thank-you! On tv shows I usually see the helmet hanging on the motorcycle but in the recent episode of "Instinct" the professor (played by Alan Cumming) carried his around with him. But him being a newbie with the NYPD there was some pranking his motorcycle.

Just out of curiosity, why would one ride a motorcycle without a helmet? Is the ride somehow better ? I am asking as I never have ridden a motorcycle. Why would states have a law that only protects those under 20 or 17? Is it assumed that anyone older than that is smart enough to wear one?

many riders like the feel of the wind in their hair and all that.....plus the encumbrance of a bulky helmet can be bothersome :rolleyes: .....and there's the rebel thing, too

Ah doesn't the air whistle as it passes through the empty space between the ears? I really do not know if someone is a rebel if they do what many other people do. The bulk i can understand. Does it feel heavy on the head?

many riders like the feel of the wind in their hair and all that.....plus the encumbrance of a bulky helmet can be bothersome :rolleyes: .....and there's the rebel thing, too
Edited by purplekow

I’m an avid bicyclist—-road, gravel and mountain, and wouldn’t think of riding without a helmet. I’ve been in enough accidents where I’ve hit my head and was saved by the helmet. I only wear high-end helmets over $200. The cheap ones don’t offer the protection.

As for motorcycles, one vivid memory is of a stunning blond riding down the 5 in Orange County wearing only jeans and boots. Must’ve been 35 years ago. Truly a golden boy.