A Shutdown of This Forum?

crushme99
This topic is 2243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The Feds' actions did shut down RB though. Mission accomplished as far as they are concerned. Did the head RB guy go to jail, in the end? I lost track.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/jeffrey-hurant-ex-ceo-rentboy-prostitution-sentenced-prison/

https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/jeffrey-hurant-rentboy-founder-prison-info.132334/

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. For one thing, as I understand it, Rentmen does a form of age verification. For another, trafficking is less of a problem on the m4m side. It's also tough to tell from the ads for adults whether they're trafficked or not.

When I signed up (Oct. 2016) I sent a picture of my Driver License for age verification.

But it's much harder to associate with trafficking. The feds tried that with Rentboy and couldn't make it stick.

Yes. For one thing, as I understand it, Rentmen does a form of age verification. For another, trafficking is less of a problem on the m4m side. It's also tough to tell from the ads for adults whether they're trafficked or not.

I'd bet money that this is exactly why Congress, in their wisdom, threw the word "prostitution" in a bill that is supposed to be about nonconsensual sex trafficking. It makes it easier to prove that you are doing something wrong.

What they've now done is officially made most of the internet sex traffickers. I'm sorry, but horrible people who sell, rape, and murder Mexican girls are going to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and every other website to bring these girls to market. It is 1000 % certain this will happen.

Wellstone (Paul and Sheila) had this brilliant concept: let's empower those Mexican girls to flee and get help before they are sold, raped, and possibly murdered. Whether that's on a website, in a cantina, or in a locked room - if they can somehow escape.

FOSTA does not do that. FOSTA creates a huge legal and semantic quagmire for every website around that traffickers try to use, involving questions like this: 1) What is prostitution? 2) What is "knowingly facilitate?"

They solved one huge problem by creating a nightmare.

I'd bet money that this is exactly why Congress, in their wisdom, threw the word "prostitution" in a bill that is supposed to be about nonconsensual sex trafficking. It makes it easier to prove that you are doing something wrong.

What they've now done is officially made most of the internet sex traffickers. I'm sorry, but horrible people who sell, rape, and murder Mexican girls are going to use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and every other website to bring these girls to market. It is 1000 % certain this will happen.

Wellstone (Paul and Sheila) had this brilliant concept: let's empower those Mexican girls to flee and get help before they are sold, raped, and possibly murdered. Whether that's on a website, in a cantina, or in a locked room - if they can somehow escape.

FOSTA does not do that. FOSTA creates a huge legal and semantic quagmire for every website around that traffickers try to use, involving questions like this: 1) What is prostitution? 2) What is "knowingly facilitate?"

They solved one huge problem by creating a nightmare.

From what I can tell, what they did was make it possible for trafficking victims to sue Backpage in civil court after courts threw out such lawsuits citing CDA. Then the kitchen sink got thrown in.