Ok, maybe it's just me... but what's this video game about?!?

Seaninsf
This topic is 2243 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Just saw this on the google news feed. I'm not a "gamer", but this screen grab certainly caught my attention. Glad for the diversion (and laugh) given all the FOSTA crap going on right now. I'm sure Mike Pence would be apoplectic if he saw this.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/03/sea-of-thieves-makes-a-weak-meandering-first-impression/

Edited by Seaninsf

Just curious, @Seaninsf, why initiate a topic with the question "what's this video game about?!?" without any reference or link? Do you actually expect any feedback from the people here if we have absolutely no idea about what you are asking?

TruHart1 :cool:

Sorry guys! Amateur mistake. I thought I embedded a screen grab, but I guess that's not allowed or I did it incorrectly. I updated the original post with a link.

Just saw this on the google news feed. I'm not a "gamer", but this screen grab certainly caught my attention. Glad for the diversion (and laugh) given all the FOSTA crap going on right now. I'm sure Mike Pence would be apoplectic if he saw this.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018/03/sea-of-thieves-makes-a-weak-meandering-first-impression/

Looks like it’s a bad game about pirates. Why would that make Mike Pence go apocalyptic?

Ugh they basically released it and are charging full price for it, even though the game is clearly in like alpha stage. They've said a lot of stuff about how they're "thinking about the life of the game 3+ years from now" but it's a lot of BS honestly. Some of the big publishers have been rushing titles more and more the past few years, and end up releasing them well before they're finished. They'll slowly add in more and more content over the next year or two, probably partially through patching and partially through paid DLC, and then eventually it'll be an actual, full, playable game.

But for now it's basically just a completely empty game. This kind of behavior has been hurting those big publishers quite a bit over the past few years though. I don't know why they keep doing it... it's a terrible move. It just upsets everyone in the gaming community honestly.

I think the joke about Mike Pence is based on the first screenshot if you open the article of someone steering the ship? It looks kinda suggestive thanks to the animation style haha.