SET YOUR DVRs!!!

This topic is 2247 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Scientology is launching its own TV network Monday at 8 p.m. EST.

The details of the programming — which will be available on platforms such as Apple TV, Roku and DirecTV — are as cloaked in secrecy as the church itself. But its app is already available on the Apple store.

It’s also unclear how the church plans to use its stable of dazzling celebrity members including Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Elisabeth Moss. (Presumably, “The King of Queens” actress Leah Remini will not be welcome.)

The venture has its own Twitter account. Recently, it teased the venture in a video, stating, “The only thing more interesting than what you’ve heard is what you haven’t.”

Rumors of such a project have circulated since 2011, when the church bought a nearly 5-acre studio in Los Angeles’ Los Feliz neighborhood that once housed public TV station KCET.

They poured $50 million into a renovation that church leader David Miscavige unveiled in a 2016 ceremony.

Many years ago a friend of mine and I auditioned for a community theater production on Bye Bye Birdie. We got cast ( I was Albert, he was Mr. Macafee). During the rehearsal period my friend began an affair with the handsome young man playing Hugo. Their relationship continued through the run and for a couple of months after. One night the young man came over and tearfully told my friend he couldn't see him anymore. He had begun going to Scientology and had been told that he could not have same sex relationships and get "clear". He seemed heartbroken, my friend was heartbroken. They never spoke again.

Would anyone not already involved in Scientology be interested in watching the Scientology television network. If the critical and public reaction to the film Battlefield Earth is any indication, there might not be much of an audience.

Not to mention the book. 900+ pages of drivel. I'd gotten to 600-700 pages before I was convinced it was horrible, and finished reading it out of sheer stubbornness.