Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving

KY_TOP
This topic is 6746 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've always thought of Thanksgiving as a very special day. It is the one day that I actually stop and think about all around me and no matter what, I am Thankful that all is as well with me as it is.

Since last year this world has gone through much, a massive Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, Earthquake in Pakistan, Iraqi war that still keeps on going, plus the individual problems that we and those around us face every day. But today as I reflect, I am truly glad and Thankful that things are as well with me as they are. I have very much to be thankful for in this life.

Hope you all take a few moments today to stop, reflect and sincerely think of all that is good with you this day and then to give Thanks.

Wishing all a very Happy Thanksgiving.

KY,

I echo your sentiments from here in Rio. I did note that of the three or four world disasters that you mentioned, you were at, in, or greatly affected by several. I also note that you have announced travel plans to Vegas(?) I am wondering two things. One; is Los Angeles far enough away from Vegas or do I need to schedule some more travel of my own? Two; How in the world did that Iraqi thing start WITHOUT you being there?

Seriously, after spending the last three weeks in Brasil, I realize we Americans sometimes DON'T reflect on all of our blessings. Sure, we are going through a very rough spot right now and our standing in the world is being affected, but life in the U.S. is very blessed in so many ways, (including making and having great friends.)

Best to you KY and all my fellow American Hoovilians.

A HAPPY AND SAFE THANKSGIVING.

Archived