Calling ALL New Yorkers

jjkrkwood
This topic is 2172 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

JJK - First of all, WELCOME BACK!! Glad to see you're back in the saddle, so to speak. Friday, March 23rd for me. Five Napkin Burger but the other choices of restaurants are fine with me as well. I believe the Saturday choice is Easter weekend. It may not matter to most attendees but thought I'd mention it. Thank you!! Be well.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JJK is currently banned from this forum for having posted a lewd picture of a naked man or something like this, and cannot currently reply, but he will be reading your replies, so keep them coming. He will continue the plans when he is allowed to return and will firm it up, though we need to crank up the interest, guys, it is not nearly as many replies as expected.

JJK is currently banned from this forum for having posted a lewd picture of a naked man or something like this, and cannot currently reply, but he will be reading your replies, so keep them coming. He will continue the plans when he is allowed to return and will firm it up, though we need to crank up the interest, guys, it is not nearly as many replies as expected.

That's ridiculous! How can they ban JJK from posting a supposed lewd picture when he just came out of the hospital and feeling like his old self? Sorry I missed seeing it. Let our dinner coordinator back in so that he can finalize the NYC dinner plans. Don't be mean to our JJK. Thanks for informing us, Tarte GoGo. GEEZ!!

Looking at that other thread, it sounds like the event is getting cancelled due to lack of interest. Is that right?

Hi Reiser30 - by my estimation, responses were coming in quite positively and then something happened with JJK's accessibility to the site. I think Larstrup attempted in good faith to set up an alternative site to respond. That's what you're seeing and no one is going there. If you go back up this thread. You will see quite a few responses. I recall JJK had said he will hold it no matter how low the # of responses. So, don't think it's cancelled just yet and the dates are a month away.

Thanks but one needs to register on that site to be able to vote. Which I am not doing. Can't we have a poll on daddy's?

We can read, no problem, just type your preference here for date and venue.

DATE:

Friday March 23rd - 6:00 pm

Saturday March 31st - 7:00 pm

VENUE:

Five Napkin Burger - Union Square

Hog Pit -W 26th st

The Meatball Shop- Chelsea

This has been attempted MANY times here without success, but its a New Year with new motivations, so let's try it again.

Not sure what went wrong with the planning of this meet-up but I do want to clear something up. There have been numerous NYC socials. They were successful because they were combined with an event.

Back in the days of the 20 Club a group of members (both local & visitors) met up every Sunday for dinner & a show at the 20 Club. We announced it in the Strip Club Forum. It was very successful. We did it for a few years. We got to know the 20C manager & bartenders. They would set aside a place for us to sit. We even celebrated members birthdays there. Only when the 20 Club ended its Sunday event, did this end.

I’m hoping some members can team up & make this work again for it can be a lot of fun.

Coop

+1...

Just announce a day and be done with it. That said...I don't think it was so much the time-out that derailed it, but rather a lack of people willing to commit. It's the same old story, "put up or shut up"...When it came time "put up" everyone just "shut up".

I never say yes, unless I am absolutely 100% positive that I can drag my southern ass to an event, otherwise I will just say, "I'll make every effort, but I can't promise anything" AND....should Grandma opt for a time later this year, say in the fall, I would "make every effort to be there" (It only takes two to tango) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I think it’s also important to mention that JJ’s timeout here was just for a matter of days, and he could’ve come back here, had he chosen, and salvaged this event. He chose not to.

Not that I would have necessarily encouraged him to do so, but he did have a voice, after just a few days of silence to salvage this event.

And as @Cooper mentioned, This has been done before with less drama.

I’m confident that when JJ returns, he’ll explain his feelings about this much further than I could be doing here now.