Anderson Cooper and Andy Cohen, Happy New Year...a real dud.

rogerG
This topic is 2341 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson is always boring....it’s unfortunate but true.

Andy just seems to be dialing it in. He can’t seem to get

Anderson to engage at all. It’s a major yawn-fest.

Funny thing is that when they showed Key West....you could tell

each of them was thinking...”damn I wish I was there instead”.

I'm surprised how bad it is. It's like these guys have no clue what to do. No chemistry. Almost makes me long for Kathy Griffin. Considering these guys are touring with some show, I'd thought they would make a better team. I know it's really cold outside, but watching them is kinda painful.

Funny thing is that when they showed Key West....you could tell

each of them was thinking...”damn I wish I was there instead”.

Food for thought - can you believe Anderson Cooper's salary is ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR!

I think he is an okay newscaster, but eleven million annual salary - someone must have dropped the payroll department on its head.

Oh, yes, check this out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=salary+anderson+cooper+annually&oq=salary+-+anderson+cooper&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.13371j1j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Anderson Cooper is popular with his viewers, for what it's worth.

I don't watch him but tuned in tonight and caught their bitching about the cold, Anderson feeling hot in the middle and cold everywhere else, so Andy asked isn't that how it feels to be on heroin, and Anderson came back with a WTF are you talking about kind of response and then admitted how badly it's going so far.

Then I turned to ABC and watched Ryan Seacrest fawning over Nick Jonas, even calling him a stud. Oh sheesh!

Edited by OCClient

I'm surprised how bad it is. It's like these guys have no clue what to do. No chemistry. Almost makes me long for Kathy Griffin. Considering these guys are touring with some show, I'd thought they would make a better team. I know it's really cold outside, but watching them is kinda painful.

I was asleep watching them on CNN before primetime took over

can you believe Anderson Cooper's salary is ELEVEN MILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR!

When you consider his only talent may be reading from a teleprompter and filling endless minutes of airtime, repeating CNN shit over and over again, it does seem like a serious waste of money. However, the published sums are always grossly inflated, and you can imagine the net after taxes. Still high, though.

Let's not forget that Cohen isn't doing so bad, either. At least Cooper pretends to work in news (60 Minutes). Cohen is making his fortune off of large-breasted, heavily-painted women hating on each other. True TV trash, unless you're RuPaul. Cohen produces the absolute worst of America, in the name of "pop culture." Both guys are laughing all the way to the bank.

So what if they're friends who travel together. Who cares they almost dated? Bad taste is bad taste. Cooper says Andy makes him laugh, and given that "I don't like to be touched" Cooper probably needs a good laugh, Cohen might just be a friend of convenience. After watching last night, they seem like the oddest couple. But rumor has it that Cooper is really odd in person.

Cohen made a complete fool of himself most of the night, especially with Nicole Kidman. All Cohen cares about is plugging his shit (more money) and dishing (more gossip). They seemed like they were trying to do their own version of the Kathy/Anderson show, but it really bombed.

The sound problems and the satellite delays were so annoying. Listening to Cohen endlessly whine about the cold revealed Cohen's true princess status. You know they wore body warmers and had heaters on set, while everyone else in Times Square really suffered.

CNN/Jeff Zucker didn't want to pay for a complete song by Celine Dion. The banter back and forth on that interview was dreadful. Poor Celine. Yet ABC paid Brittany for a whole song from Las Vegas, even though it was pure lip synch. ABC at least offered 10-times the number of live performances, and Nick Jonas was brave enough to take his vocals into the crowd. Nobody does that on NYE. CNN is so cheap. I guess all the money went to this boy-team of duds.

Still in disbelief.

I don't know Andy Cohen at all. I only like Cooper when he's being a traditional anchor - his attempts at humor and lightness in general (both his puerile "ridiculist" crap and his horrid attempt to have his own network talk show a few years ago) are pretty awful. I really don't get why they give this New Year's Eve spot to Cooper - unless the real story is that no one else wants it, lol. (And one of their promos for this - showing Cooper giggling like a toddler - was a serious turnoff.)

That said, I tuned in to CNN just for the midnight ball drop, and caught a little bit of the Cohen/Cooper act - and I have to say, from less than 5 minutes of their banter, I got the exact same impression as nycman - no chemistry at all, and really awkward.

Why not have Gloria's little boy host with his boyfriend? At least he could keep Anderson warm.

Actually, Anderson hosting with Gloria would probably be a hoot.

http://cdn02.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/12/anderson-cooper-shares-cute-moment-with-benjamin-maisani-in-myanmar.jpg http://cdn03.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/12/anderson-cooper-partner-benjamin-maisani-go-shirtless-to-wash-elephants.jpg

http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2017/07/bradley-cooper-irina-shayk-vacation.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sEjWqPBOQiU/VS7M21fg17I/AAAAAAACLQA/NNRtWvc-XN4/s1600/anderson-cooper-boyfriend-benjamin-maisani-wear-matching-sneakers-01.jpg

http://images.gawker.com/18k4bcxxbvre1jpg/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/20/20/3B8BACA200000578-4052588-Part_of_his_social_Maisani_has_been_popping_up_on_Cooper_s_Insta-m-43_1482266217553.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/11/article-2172057-13E56670000005DC-567_634x543.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/07/06/22/3601366800000578-3677435-Home_Anderson_Cooper_s_Brazilian_vacation_home_is_featured_in_th-m-1_1467839444263.jpg

http://images.gawker.com/18k37yufmwug9jpg/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

28a3b61a0cff59e7d9b2064815761b87--anderson-cooper-boyfriends.jpg

That is, when he's not cheating on Anderson...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/12/article-2187348-14841DB2000005DC-120_634x447.jpg

When I was a kid, in the days before cable and the internet, etc., everyone watched Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians, ring in the New Year, live from the Waldorf Astoria in New York. (It was in black and white when I first started watching.) They cut to Times Square in time for the ball drop and then it was back to the Waldorf and us kids were usually sent to bed. (Usually after we made a Happy New Year long distance call to out of town family.) Now that I'm an adult, and have a wide array of choices thanks to cable and the internet, I can't remember the last time that I've watched an entire New Year's Eve show. (I never saw Anderson Cooper and Kathy Griffin's show. In fact, I never heard of her until the brouhaha over the picture. I've since You Tubed her and decided that I haven't missed anything.) I spent yesterday afternoon at a family New Year's Eve Party. I got home around 7:30, had some left overs for dinner, watched a couple of You Tube videos, and turned on the TV at exactly 11:57 (the cable box was already on ABC and I was too lazy to change the channel) and counted down the New Year with Ryan Seacrest and Company. I turned off the television as soon as the ball dropped. I sent and replied to a handful of Happy New Year texts and went to bed. I strongly suspect that I'm not the only once who turns on some random New Year's show just to watch to ball drop.

Guy Lombardo

Or as my mom called him, Guy Lumbago

Lumbago, essentially, comes from Latin and physicians use it to denote "pain stemming from the low back." We kind of lump that together and we say that "lumbago" is "low back pain." To be more precise, it should be broken down into axial back pain - in other words pain that remains in the spine and doesn't radiate down the legs - or radicular pain - which most people refer to as "sciatica" - but "lumbago" is a general term denoting low back pain.

Kathy Griffin must be having the last laugh somewhere? While what she did with trump was tasteless, I don't think she needed that kind of backlash . Plus she took up with that cranky Lisa Bloom/Gloria Allred crackpot team-probably hastened her demise when you hire the freak squad as your defense.

They're both unsavory together on television... Simpering and weak.

Cooper would be smart to distance himself from Cohen, but they're probably making a nice buck off the duo tour. It makes sense.

I've never seen Cooper as a legitimate newsman, so his inability to have a Murrow-like status is not a hangup for me.

As for Kathy, she got screwed.

I've never seen Cooper as a legitimate newsman, so his inability to have a Murrow-like status is not a hangup for me.

He was a freelance journalist selling his stories from some of the most dangerous places in the world. I agree there is little indication now about his earlier days.

My brother is a park ranger at Yellowstone and is focused on wolves. Cooper insisted on a closer look at the wolves, and was properly denied. However, later my brother was near the wolves and tried to contact Cooper, who was taking a pleasant afternoon nap at his hotel.

Otherwise, my brother likes everyone, especially Harrison Ford and Jane Fonda.

Edited by WilliamM