Plastic surgery - would you consider it?

Jose305
This topic is 1811 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest europeanman

My routine is a monthly glycolic acid peel and every six months botox and hyaluronic acid injections on the sides of the nose and under the eyes. I do both at the same plastic surgeon. There is almost no down time and it works.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend flies down to South America to have botox and hair transplants at a fraction of the cost and he looks remarkable. I met him after he had had it done and I could not tell at all. It was pretty amazing. Due to my grandmother (who did not have very many good traits) I did luckily get great skin and have few wrinkles so do not really need botox (now at any rate). I did not get a very good head of hair and I think am far too gone for hair transplants. Actually, I do not think I have seen a good hairpiece so I think that is out of the question.

Edited by TruthBTold

My routine is a monthly glycolic acid peel and every six months botox and hyaluronic acid injections on the sides of the nose and under the eyes. I do both at the same plastic surgeon. There is almost no down time and it works.

Is the acid peel done at home?

Really? I though the new transplants would fall out without the medication. Even though you put new hair follicles you haven't corrected the underlying reason for the original hair loss. I think. Anyone else?

The hair follicles are taken from the back and sides, in other words hair that would not fall out.

Guest europeanman
Is the acid peel done at home?

No. Both are in-office procedures. The strength of the peel is 70%, much higher than the home peels.

Fortunately I have a plastic surgeon friend, and get Botox and filler at cost. I also do regular laser work on face, hands and legs and the results are great. My hair is thinning and I may get Nexgen done in the fall. I’ve always moisturized, so my face is looking great, or so I’m told.

I recently went to a dermatologist to have a growth over my eye removed. Let's just say the Dr was not a good example of what procedures can result in. The word Plastic was very appropriate. So shiny I nearly had to put my sun glasses on from the glare. That being said I do have concerns about what will happen as I lose weight and may opt for tightening the loose skin. My weight has been a yoyo since I was young. I hope to have one more thin in me but know that the skin probably won't bounce back leaving me looking like there is a Sharpei sitting on my lap.

I recently went to a dermatologist to have a growth over my eye removed. Let's just say the Dr was not a good example of what procedures can result in. The word Plastic was very appropriate. So shiny I nearly had to put my sun glasses on from the glare. That being said I do have concerns about what will happen as I lose weight and may opt for tightening the loose skin. My weight has been a yoyo since I was young. I hope to have one more thin in me but know that the skin probably won't bounce back leaving me looking like there is a Sharpei sitting on my lap.

I like the line, "one more thin in me."

I think I have one more in me too.

Fortunately I have a plastic surgeon friend, and get Botox and filler at cost. I also do regular laser work on face, hands and legs and the results are great. My hair is thinning and I may get Nexgen done in the fall. I’ve always moisturized, so my face is looking great, or so I’m told.

Which lasers do you use on the face? Any issues? I keep hearing that many can cause fat atrophy.

Which lasers do you use on the face? Any issues? I keep hearing that many can cause fat atrophy.

Halo fractional laser and BBL (IPL on steroids) tend to do you well on a semi-annual basis if you're willing to keep up with daily SPF and a topical skincare regime.

Fat atrophy? No. Not in hands of a skilled laser tech. Do your research and make sure they have solid RealSelf reviews.

If you're going to get major resurfacing done (CO2), I'd recommend going for PRP to help speed up healing. It's an added cost, but the benefits are huge and your skin will show it.

one must take propecia and minoxidal for one year before transplantation and forever after.

I have had 3 procedures from Australia’s leading hair transplant surgeon and that was not a requirement. Dr Russell Knudsen has a detailed website.