an overall suggestion : no more novels!

Smurof
This topic is 2356 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Related: copying and pasting 12 paragraphs from news stories: I don't see the point.

I can read the papers on my own, why pasting it here without any commentary or added value of any kind?

Speaking for myself, I am more inclined to read a posted article than one with only a link, and I personally think that posting the entire article, sometimes has more impact, especially if the article has graphs, videos, or significant quotations that are important... at least that is why I often do it.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking for myself, I am more inclined to read a posted article than one with only a link, and I personally think that posting the entire article, sometimes has more impact, especially if the article has graphs, videos, or significant quotations that are important... at least that is why I often do it.

Yes, but only in some situations. Yesterday, I posted the entire editorial from a Bangor, ME newspaper critical of Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME)'s yes vote on the Republican tax bill. Collins had voted against her party on similar issues, especially proposed cuts to the Affordable Care Act (Obama Care).

Edited by WilliamM

Related: copying and pasting 12 paragraphs from news stories: I don't see the point.

I can read the papers on my own, why pasting it here without any commentary or added value of any kind?

Some of the quoted newspaper articles might be behind a pay-wall, in which case we couldn't all read it.

When I quote articles, I usually quote just what I think is a reasonable subset.

I love this board, and have been posting going on 1 year. For those with lots and lots to say, make your key points and limit them to no more than a paragraph. Otherwise, your content is primarily ignored.

Mostly political rants are guilty of this, but we're for the most part here to interact with others about things that don't require too much to reply about, and certainly not looking at something "War & Peace"-esque.

When faced with long posts

Ignore the content swiftly

All are better off

WRONG!