BUTTER or MARGARINE?

samhexum
This topic is 2210 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not familiar with it. I have Type 2 Diabetes. My doctor told me not to eat bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, cereals. I have nothing to put butter on.

Because my family tends that way (diabetes) I have tried to stay away from those things. But I am also Italian so I might as well shoot myself.

Because my family tends that way (diabetes) I have tried to stay away from those things. But I am also Italian so I might as well shoot myself.

Alot of people don't follow a proper diet. Several years ago I went to a retirement party. There was nothing I could eat. I was offered a piece of cake. I declined saying that I was a diabetic. The woman offering me the cake said that she was too but that wasn't stopping her from having some.

Diabetes killed my mother at age 56. And although her mother lived into her 80s it cost her the amputation of both legs.

Alot of people don't follow a proper diet. Several years ago I went to a retirement party. There was nothing I could eat. I was offered a piece of cake. I declined saying that I was a diabetic. The woman offering me the cake said that she was too but that wasn't stopping her from having some.

Diabetes killed my mother at age 56. And although her mother lived into her 80s it cost her the amputation of both legs.

I am just asking because I honestly do not know; having been offered the cake could you have a forkful or two? Not eat a whole piece. I know that it is extremely difficult in those situations. I have a disease where because of the medications used to treat it I am not supposed to drink. I can get by having a small drink or having a drink made of a liquor that is less in alcohol. Like a small glass of wine or a Campari and soda. Having done it and then having blood work there has seemed to be no problem but I also realize that not being a doctor it may work entirely differently with diabetes.

I am just asking because I honestly do not know; having been offered the cake could you have a forkful or two? Not eat a whole piece. I know that it is extremely difficult in those situations. I have a disease where because of the medications used to treat it I am not supposed to drink. I can get by having a small drink or having a drink made of a liquor that is less in alcohol. Like a small glass of wine or a Campari and soda. Having done it and then having blood work there has seemed to be no problem but I also realize that not being a doctor it may work entirely differently with diabetes.

It is a bit different. There's a guy who has bbq stand outside a mom & pop store. Several years ago I bought a chicken. I paid for it inside. When I came out I gave him the receipt and he gave me the sack. When I got home I saw that there was also a baked potato. I knew I should not have but I ate it. I really felt the effects afterwards. I learned my lesson.

I have had Type 2 diabetes for over 15 years. When first diagnosed I was told not to eat foods such as listed by @Avalon has listed. A new doctor who prides himself on diabetes treatment has presribed Jardiance ( one pill daily), Jentadueto ( 2 pills daily) and 60 units of Lantus insulin before bed. While the quantities of food I eat are small, my daily blood sugar levels and A1C are always within normal range. For all those suffering not only from the disease but from the dietary restrictions as well, maybe get a second opinion.

I have had Type 2 diabetes for over 15 years. When first diagnosed I was told not to eat foods such as listed by @Avalon has listed. A new doctor who prides himself on diabetes treatment has presribed Jardiance ( one pill daily), Jentadueto ( 2 pills daily) and 60 units of Lantus insulin before bed. While the quantities of food I eat are small, my daily blood sugar levels and A1C are always within normal range. For all those suffering not only from the disease but from the dietary restrictions as well, maybe get a second opinion.

Too bad that I can no longer get out of the house else I'd ask my doctor about Jardiance and Jentadueto.

Are you on the Bernstein plan?

The objective is to keep A1C to less than 5 by limiting total carbs to less than 30g/day. In order to do this you have to eliminate starches and most sugars. The only sugars you can have are the occasional small serving of low-sugar fruit like berries.